Sell me on garage door replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Seems like some of em are. I've had to restrain myself from telling a couple of them that they're about to be patients in the hospital they work at.
    just... stop.

Comment

stop what?

besides i said restrain, which obviously means I didn't do it.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
        Chris, we had new insulated doors put in when i had the attic work done (added 12" blow in) and between the two it made a HUGE difference in the garage at my house in Hurst. I can see if i can find out who did our doors, they did a great job and it wasn't terribly costly. but the seat-of-the-pants difference (remember my garage faces south/west) was enormous.
        Thanks Kyle and George. I called Tim Taylor lol ( The Tool Man ). He hooked me up with a new door, opener install, and hauled off the old wood door, opener, and old hardware. The old opener was from 1991 and the drive gear broke off. Had a bad bushing. It was so old it was time to replace. Replaced with Chamberlin chain drive. Was surprised how much quieter it is compared to the old Craftsman that died.

I got the opener from HD cheaper than the one he was going to sell me. Just charged me installation along with outside keypad.

The whole deal was about $950. 24 guage door. Don't buy a steel door lower than 24 guage! Google that.

I would recommend Tim Taylor if you need a new door. He's in NRH.

Peace!

Comment

Working...
        X