No announcement yet.

Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty bad. Bet it smells like an abandoned nursing home.

Comment

• If it was a shorty, It'd be worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        Pretty bad. Bet it smells like an abandoned nursing home.
        smells like cocaine and a roller skating rink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Maybe I'm worried about nothing here but... I'd be concerned about something like that getting stolen. Over the past decade as my 80's silverado has slowly but surely improved, I find that I don't even want to leave it in the walmart parking lot. And I won't even take it to fort worth, I leave it in my small town. Its progressed to the point now where its no longer a hoopty and would be likely be seen as worth stealing. Even if your nice old vehicle has some good anti theft measures installed, maybe they still bust into it and give it the old college try.
          Find yourself an older Jacob's ignition box. They had an anti-theft feature that would allow the car to start and run for a few moments and then it would start randomly dying. People that stole cars equipped with that system would typically wind up abandoning the car about a block away from where it was stolen in the mistaken belief that something was wrong with it.

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          smells like cocaine and a roller skating rink.
          If you're trying to make period correct statement you forgot to add it also smells like the sweaty panties of a bunch of 14 year old horny girls that would be hanging out at the skating rink.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            If anyone is looking to up their pimp game, this is a good start. I've always wanted one of these.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ct...832280438.html

Damn the ad expired. What was they asking?
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
              Damn the ad expired. What was they asking?
              I think it was very reasonable, $6,000 or $8,000, I can't remember exactly.

Comment

• https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/fo...866213713.html

Love that description.

"The guy selling this is a complete asshole. You can buy the exact same thing brand new with free shipping for what he is asking for used one with no warranty. When I asked him for a discount, he called me a Mexican at a garage sale oh, so he's a racist on top of everything else! Deal with him at your own risk! So why wouldn't you just order a brand new one anyway for the same money?"

Comment

• So I just went and looked at a car that I was thinking of buying and try to flip.

2010 Toyota Corolla with 140,000 miles. Photos looked fine, interior shot was clean. Only issue was "it won't start" - selling for $3,000.

After asking a lot of questions, I decide to go and look at it thinking it is a starter, distributor or immobilizer.

Wow.

If anyone could confirm my suspicions, I would appreciate it:

1) Engine bay had weird "spotting" and white residue all over it
                  2) Sand in doorsills and under floor mats - but not in trunk/spare tire area...weird
                  3) Rust galore on metal connectors in engine bay and most of the bottom suspension area
                  4) Sand "stuck" to the underside of the car, I could wipe it off, but not easily
                  5) Smelled ok inside
                  6) When trying to start, it didn't sound like engine was turning over, just a weird metallic noise like a starter wasn't functioning right.

I ran, did not walk, away. I am thinking Houston/Harvey flood car.

Comment

• Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                    So I just went and looked at a car that I was thinking of buying and try to flip.

2010 Toyota Corolla with 140,000 miles. Photos looked fine, interior shot was clean. Only issue was "it won't start" - selling for $3,000.

After asking a lot of questions, I decide to go and look at it thinking it is a starter, distributor or immobilizer.

Wow.

If anyone could confirm my suspicions, I would appreciate it:

1) Engine bay had weird "spotting" and white residue all over it
                    2) Sand in doorsills and under floor mats - but not in trunk/spare tire area...weird
                    3) Rust galore on metal connectors in engine bay and most of the bottom suspension area
                    4) Sand "stuck" to the underside of the car, I could wipe it off, but not easily
                    5) Smelled ok inside
                    6) When trying to start, it didn't sound like engine was turning over, just a weird metallic noise like a starter wasn't functioning right.

I ran, did not walk, away. I am thinking Houston/Harvey flood car.
                    Probably a flood car and yeah, running is the best option. The flip market is insane right now. You have these options...

1. Ad completely in spanish, salvage title, overpriced.

2. Some 18-24 kid with either a lumberjack beard, a cowboy hat with dirty jeans, or a flat bill hat on backwards with a polo shirt on. He has a truck that's high mileage, not pretty, broken, and he wants $4k over what it would be worth in perfect shape.

3. Decently priced, needs work, but has no damned title, or it has "auction paperwork".

Comment

• Some dumbass put a big giant window where the free candy sign would go.
                      Do not want!

David

Comment

• Thanks, now I'm going to spend the rest of the day on craigslist looking at vans I don't have the time, room, or money for.

dick!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                          Thanks, now I'm going to spend the rest of the day on craigslist looking at vans I don't have the time, room, or money for.

dick!

Comment

• That would make a nice stabbin cabin! Always wanted a Dodge “street van”, or Yamahauler!

Comment

• Comment

• It's got them triple hump heads too.
                                G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                                X