No announcement yet.

New Ford Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 31" mast is the best antenna. You want an in glass antenna that sucks?

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      A 31" mast is the best antenna. You want an in glass antenna that sucks?
      eh, Never had much issue with the in-glass in my civic. I don't listen to FM radio much!
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        It will definitely happen. I just couldn't help but think, how the fuck is this still happening. There are solutions for this, why is it not an industry standard!
        Length matters!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          No, Bob tomes said they would still honor the warranty if I did, but I had a few reasons to not go that route.

- I plan on trading this in for a new bronco if they're any good. If not I may upgrade to a 4x4 expedition or navi

- my wife already has trouble getting my son in and out of the carseat. I don't want to make it harder.

- I'm still paranoid about warranty claims with a mod like that. I've had another dealer tell me they wouldn't cover it.

- I don't want the rear to ride lower than the front when towing or hauling anything heavy.

There are a few other small things but those are the main ones.
          I resisted for over a year but finally installed the level after seeing them around the neighborhood. I went with a 2" so I still have a little rake.

I used a weight distribution hitch that really helps the rear end squat while towing which also helped my decision.

It was $500 at 4x4works, and the dealer wanted just over a grand for the same kit.

I will get pics up after I install the BFG TA KO2s.

Comment

This may have been the delirium from working so much here lately, however, I was on my way home last night, looked over and realized this truck has a metal radio antenna. Been driving it for 3 weeks and had no clue it was there. All I could think about is, this is fucking 2018, why in the hell are auto makers still using metal antennas that stick off of the fender.
            I replaced mine with a shorty antenna, and that thing is a piece of fucking shit. I just stream everything now, because the metal antennas are hideous and I’m not going to put it back on.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I replaced mine with a shorty antenna, and that thing is a piece of fucking shit. I just stream everything now, because the metal antennas are hideous and I’m not going to put it back on.
              I haven't had any issue with mine. What brand did you buy?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                How short is it? I put a shorter one on my truck and didn't notice any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Theres certainly a reason for it, but I have no clue what it is. It could be something functional like better reception in certain cases or improved aero performance...or pofit based. If a metal antenna is $2 cheaper than a stubby plastic, then they will save millions annually.

My guess is probably that its something functional however because truck profits are pretty high as is.
                  antenna length and performance is directly coupled to wavelength. a 100mhz (fm radio) wavelength is almost 10 feet peak to valley, so the 31" antenna Eric mentioned works out to be a 1/4 wave give or take a little bit. it's preferential to have your antenna equal to an 8th, quarter, half, or full wavelength, but a 5' or 10' metal wire coming off the fender wouldn't sell very well so they go with a 1/4 wave.

Comment

I haven't had any issue with mine. What brand did you buy?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Stubby Original, 3”. It sucks. Signal drops off all over the metroplex. It’s not just when I get outside of town. 35, 635, 820, etc. east side of town, west side of town, north, south, or dead center. Very poor signal. I get the dreaded tejano bleed over any time I listen to The Ticket’s FM signal. I can’t get any of the Fort Worth signals, like The Ranch or The Range

CravenSpeed is a family owned company that designs and manufactures premium automotive aftermarket parts in USA.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Stubby Original, 3”. It sucks. Signal drops off all over the metroplex. It’s not just when I get outside of town. 35, 635, 820, etc. east side of town, west side of town, north, south, or dead center. Very poor signal. I get the dreaded tejano bleed over any time I listen to The Ticket’s FM signal. I can’t get any of the Fort Worth signals, like The Ranch or The Range

https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-orig...2019-ram-1500/
                      yeah a 3" antenna for a fm radio signal is going to have a huge degradation in performance.

Comment

• I'm not sure which one I am running. My wife got it for me for Christmas, Pretty sure it is longer than 3" though. I'll see if I can find a model number. I'm out in Greenville and have no issue picking up DFW radio.

Comment

• Here are the pics with the BFG TA KO2s and the 2" level up front. I definitely was surprised at how smooth and quiet the tires are

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            I don’t have anything to offer other than I hate dealing with car salesman.. it’s petty and annoying as shit!
                            Emailing them is a lot better. Work everything out that way. They don't want to, but they will. They'll try to get you to come in, just say you can't.
                            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              Guilty. I still haven't gotten my windshield replaced.
                              Instead of fixing anything, I just bought a new truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                Instead of fixing anything, I just bought a new truck.
                                What'd you get?

Comment

Working...
                                X