Sanford Airport to opt out of TSA screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanford Airport to opt out of TSA screening

The backlash continues over those new TSA screening measures, and now one Central Florida airport has decided to go with a private security screening firm.

Orlando Sanford International Airport has decided to opt out from TSA screening.

"All of our due diligence shows it's the way to go," said Larry Dale, the director of the Sanford Airport Authority. "You're going to get better service at a better price and more accountability and better customer service."

Dale says he will be sending a letter requesting to opt out from TSA screening, and instead the airport will choose one of the five approved private screening companies to take over.

I hope it works well for them. I'd love to see some PROFESSIONALS working at DFW airport security. Lord know they've got a bunch of morons right now.

Comment

I hope this trend continues, the TSA is a joke IMO. They appear to be a bunch of elderly or dropouts in my experience.

Comment

Yeah...the same idiots that stole my $10k rolex that my dad gave me when I graduated medical school several years ago. Bunch of thieves...

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          Yeah...the same idiots that stole my $10k rolex that my dad gave me when I graduated medical school several years ago. Bunch of thieves...
          How the hell did that happen?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
            I hope this trend continues, the TSA is a joke IMO. They appear to be a bunch of elderly or dropouts in my experience.
            I think i applied for tsa when I was in college and was rejected, Haha.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              How the hell did that happen?

You posted in this thread...

Comment

Damn, that first Runninhorn post is CLASSIC!
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

screencaps for those of us that are banned?:frown:

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    screencaps for those of us that are banned?:frown:
                    Originally posted by runninhorn
                    ill be getting my Rolex shortly. ill wear the "real" one on me at all times, and in the safe when not on me. When im traveling like this ill have my "replica" that looks EXACTLY like it, 99.9% of the folks out there cant tell the difference, and will wear it on vacation and when out and about......
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

/facepalm. Granted, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but anyone who knows Rolex watches could probably point out a fake in a heartbeat.

Comment

Can you lift "up to" 70 pounds and have decent credit? Then the TSA has a job for you.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                        X