U.S. deploying heavily armored battle tanks for first time in Afghan war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    In the southern AO it might do fine but still it will not be able to get anywhere near a lot of the villages do to the crop feilds. Up north, it would not even make it out the gate at most camps much less BAF. The streets, if you can call them that are barely wide enough to support the MRAPs with the screens on the sides.

Even if they air dropped them it would be impossible to get them out when the units RIP in/out. It is not like they can drive it up from Ghazni or Gardez to BAF or Kabul.

But like I said, down south. The Marines could do some serious damage with them.
    Geez, with that talk, you'd think you had spent half a decade there or something. :biggrin:
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      Geez, with that talk, you'd think you had spent half a decade there or something. :biggrin:
      Half a decade? Pffft... rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Half a decade? Pffft... rookie.
        lol, ya, a rookie. I have just been to over 35 FOBs/COPs/Camps etc in 54 months

when you heading home and for how long?
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

lol, ya, a rookie. I have just been to over 35 FOBs/COPs/Camps etc in 54 months

when you heading home and for how long?
          I'm finally hanging it up for good at the end of December. Originally got out here first in March 2004 (but I took a little time off when we had the baby).

You've been bounced around there worse than me in Iraq!!!

Comment

I'm finally hanging it up for good at the end of December. Originally got out here first in March 2004 (but I took a little time off when we had the baby).

You've been bounced around there worse than me in Iraq!!!
            Oh those fucktards at HQ in Iraq bounced me around just enough to make me wanna smash a face or two. I got 30 minutes notification to fly to the IZ to deliver a fucking computer. It could not wait 3 days for me to go on R&R. Assholes.......Oh and they just offered me my job back with a pay increase. lol

I loved the bouncing around. Driving convoys in Kabul for over a year I got to see a lot of shit, had some close calls but got to see how they lived. When I went CJOA I got to really see the country flying from base to base and getting to hang with troops who lived in the shit and appreciated our services. I met a lot of really cool mutherfuckers and they even shared their toys every now and then. My only regret is not taking more pictures of the things I have done. My present employer has me chained to a desk in BAF with no hopes of seeing anymore of the country ever again I am afraid. I have a brand new $500 rucksack that I bought for this job and it is collecting dust.

I will be home Dec 19 until 15-19 Jan. We need to have a beer one day. I am hosting a BBQ/gun party at my house on either the 2nd or 9th of Jan come on out.

The wife wants me home for good in Feb and I promised her last year I would be but the change to this new job cost me way too much money and I need to stick it out at least another 8 months until Sep 1st to get the tax credit and stack some more paper.

Comment

Oh those fucktards at HQ in Iraq bounced me around just enough to make me wanna smash a face or two. I got 30 minutes notification to fly to the IZ to deliver a fucking computer. It could not wait 3 days for me to go on R&R. Assholes.......Oh and they just offered me my job back with a pay increase. lol

I loved the bouncing around. Driving convoys in Kabul for over a year I got to see a lot of shit, had some close calls but got to see how they lived. When I went CJOA I got to really see the country flying from base to base and getting to hang with troops who lived in the shit and appreciated our services. I met a lot of really cool mutherfuckers and they even shared their toys every now and then. My only regret is not taking more pictures of the things I have done. My present employer has me chained to a desk in BAF with no hopes of seeing anymore of the country ever again I am afraid. I have a brand new $500 rucksack that I bought for this job and it is collecting dust.

I will be home Dec 19 until 15-19 Jan. We need to have a beer one day. I am hosting a BBQ/gun party at my house on either the 2nd or 9th of Jan come on out.

The wife wants me home for good in Feb and I promised her last year I would be but the change to this new job cost me way too much money and I need to stick it out at least another 8 months until Sep 1st to get the tax credit and stack some more paper.
              I'm down for that! Just shoot me the details in a PM. Are you with KBR? I got out of that shit and couldn't be happier. I wouldn't do any LOGCAP or AFCAP contracts again.

Comment

I'm down for that! Just shoot me the details in a PM. Are you with KBR? I got out of that shit and couldn't be happier. I wouldn't do any LOGCAP or AFCAP contracts again.
                I am not with KBR any longer but am still on LOGCAP I work for I*s^d#mthrowing off their search,lol).

I have some house projects to get knocked out when I get home and will host a GTG afterwards.

Comment

I'm doing those Mil-Con contracts through the Air Force (basically different contracts for each job). It pays better, but is a pain for having to keep bidding and waiting for awards. We get Task Orders anywhere from 90 days to 14 months so far.

Hustle and flow...

Comment

Working...
                  X