Incoming Speaker Boehner avoids airport pad-down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming Speaker Boehner avoids airport pad-down

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if members of Congress had to go through the same thing the rest of us did.

WASHINGTON —

No airport pat-down for the incoming House speaker.

On Friday, the GOP's John Boehner was guided past the metal detectors and hand inspections given to other passengers on his flight home to Ohio.

Boehner's spokesman Michael Steel said his boss followed procedures set by Capitol Police and the Transportation Security Administration. Steel said the same rules apply to other congressional leaders.

Furor over airline passenger checks has grown with more airports installing full-body digital scanners and TSA adding a more intrusive pat-down for those opting out of the scans.

Boehner, R-Ohio, has pledged to fly commercial airlines back to his home district.

This is a non-issue for me.

Elected officials at the Federal level, federal agents and pilots should not be subject to such pat-downs IMO.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      This is a non-issue for me.

Elected officials at the Federal level, federal agents and pilots should not be subject to such pat-downs IMO.
      I agree on pilots and federal agents, both of which can actually carry a firearm onto the plane. That's just common sense.

Have you seen some of these politicians? Some of those people are nuts. But that's not my point.

Why let them have an exemption? That isn't a practical matter like with pilots. You are basically saying that they are better than you.

Comment

Frankly, I'm looking forward to mine. My left hand is getting old. I need some strange.

Comment

I have no problem with agents not getting the pat down, but congress should have to endure everything the American people are forced to.
          “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

My mom said next time she flies that she won't opt out of the full body scan. Said it would be worth it if she could just see the operators face lmao

Comment

Fuck it, just get one of these-

Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Fuck it, just get one of these-

Best episode ever

Comment

If there was a time I could rip off the most nasty fart having them down there as I rip it off on there hands and face would make my day.

Comment

Dear fucking idiots of this board and country....

We hold these truths to be self evident.... All people are created equal......

If I have to have my nuts groped so does every tom dick and harry and it doesn't matter if they fly airplanes or are elected to Congress.

Get a fucking clue before you become a slave already.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

We hold these truths to be self evident.... All people are created equal......
                      Too bad that isn't true.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        Too bad that isn't true.
                        It's true, but not upheld or acknowledged.

Comment

I should get a pass too because I have a secret clearance.
                          class joke
                          {
                          private:
                          char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                          double Peas, Carrots;
                          string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                          };

Comment

Working...
                          X