Here's a list of the 19 Senators that voted to censor the INTERNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another link...

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

This last statement in the article hits the nail on the head.

I received an e-mail from Gigi Sohn of Public Knowledge, which the RIAA said was "protecting online thieves" by opposing the bill. Sohn said: "And they are willing to throw free speech, International cooperation, due process, and the proper functioning of the Internet in the trash in the hope of shutting down a few bad actors. Their goal could be accomplished in a way that doesn't have those consequences, but the media conglomerates aren't interested."
    “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      Censoring the internet? Hardly.

The bill deals with "A controversial proposal allowing the government to pull the plug on Web sites accused of aiding piracy is closer to becoming a federal law."

So basically it prevents people from downloading movies and whatnot....er....will try to do so. Piracy will always happen, and this is a feel-good law. BFD.
      The problem is that it allows the President to circumvent due process. While it is meant to be applied to Piracy it can be applied to many other things.

Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
      They ALWAYS use bills like this as stepping stones to other draconian laws. They could give two shits about piracy I promise you.
      you would be wrong. They give a helluva lot more than two shits. This entire push is being fronted by RIAA. They aren't voting for this shit without the cash that RIAA is putting in their pockets..

Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
      Another link...

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

This last statement in the article hits the nail on the head.

I received an e-mail from Gigi Sohn of Public Knowledge, which the RIAA said was "protecting online thieves" by opposing the bill. Sohn said: "And they are willing to throw free speech, International cooperation, due process, and the proper functioning of the Internet in the trash in the hope of shutting down a few bad actors. Their goal could be accomplished in a way that doesn't have those consequences, but the media conglomerates aren't interested."

Stop saying shit I agree with. You are supposed to be the nutjob of this message board.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
        The problem is that it allows the President to circumvent due process. While it is meant to be applied to Piracy it can be applied to many other things.

you would be wrong. They give a helluva lot more than two shits. This entire push is being fronted by RIAA. They aren't voting for this shit without the cash that RIAA is putting in their pockets..

Stop saying shit I agree with. You are supposed to be the nutjob of this message board.
        He is, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Why aren't they tackling issues like term limits?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Why aren't they tackling issues like term limits?
            Lame ducks. They're about to try that DREAM act shit, too.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Slippery slope arguments are a logical fallacy and have no merit in a discussion.
              that's news to me.

Comment

Regardless of your opinion of the OP's article. Screw the RIAA.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I do not understand why they expect us to give up our rights for something like this. we have a civil court system in place in this country that makes laws that restrict rights unnecessary.

Comment

Working...
                  X