Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm no Mr. TINFOIL HAT, but hear me out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
    I'm sort of surprised the airlines haven't chimed in about this fiasco hurting their business. Barry must have them by the balls.
    Figure the airlines have us by the balls is more like it and people are still going to fly no matter what. Who's going to drive for 2-3 days when you can fly the same in 3-5 hours? No one. Not unless they replan their trip and do some sight seeing and all that, but in a pinch or for business people are going to fly.

[General babble]

I guess I've been desensitized overall in the various places I've worked. Pat downs, wandings and so forth were a normal thing to get into secured areas. I don't see this much different then that from a....security point of view.

From a common sense point of view and what is right view - seems real suspicious.

From the average, innocent-enough civilian point of view - yeah I can see it feeling like a personal assault on privacy. From this aspect I'm willing to deal with it for everyone else's safety and my own. What I don't like about it is the dim-wits who run the system and are viewing the data. Even in various military installations, I'd rather deal with Private So and So, then the TSA asses. At least I know Private So and So is at a minimum a volunteer, going to generally follow direction, has actual motivation to pay attention and do a good job and is doing it for his own saftey as well as my own.

So what is the REAL issue on this? The scandal of how they were purchased, more about money than actual security, privacy or both?

Hell, why are we even focusing so much on the airports when we still have border and port security that are issues as well?
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      Figure the airlines have us by the balls is more like it and people are still going to fly no matter what. Who's going to drive for 2-3 days when you can fly the same in 3-5 hours? No one. Not unless they replan their trip and do some sight seeing and all that, but in a pinch or for business people are going to fly.

[General babble]

I guess I've been desensitized overall in the various places I've worked. Pat downs, wandings and so forth were a normal thing to get into secured areas. I don't see this much different then that from a....security point of view.

From a common sense point of view and what is right view - seems real suspicious.

From the average, innocent-enough civilian point of view - yeah I can see it feeling like a personal assault on privacy. From this aspect I'm willing to deal with it for everyone else's safety and my own. What I don't like about it is the dim-wits who run the system and are viewing the data. Even in various military installations, I'd rather deal with Private So and So, then the TSA asses. At least I know Private So and So is at a minimum a volunteer, going to generally follow direction, has actual motivation to pay attention and do a good job and is doing it for his own saftey as well as my own.

So what is the REAL issue on this? The scandal of how they were purchased, more about money than actual security, privacy or both?

Hell, why are we even focusing so much on the airports when we still have border and port security that are issues as well?
      I guess it's time to go retro on the family vacation and get a lot of time together. At one time, the trip was 1/2 the vacation with just as many good/bad stories as the actual destination itself. I love long roadtrips.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I guess it's time to go retro on the family vacation and get a lot of time together. At one time, the trip was 1/2 the vacation with just as many good/bad stories as the actual destination itself. I love long roadtrips.
        Yeah, that's what the wife wants to do too with our twins. I'm all for it myself. Flying is such a negative experience these days. Even if you negate security, the only airline with decent staff is Southwest.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'm just curious...

...If "they" are making all the hub-ab-loo about the "security", and say, then they placate us and stop the scanner/pat downs...then some bad guy just happens to blow up a plane.
          A) reaction of the people? -> Willing to accept more security?
          B) reaction of "them". -> Saying, "We told you so! You should have listened to us!" Then enacts tougher security.

???

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety - Ben Franklin
          I still say this is an assault on the 4th amendment.
          Last edited by GhostTX; 11-22-2010, 09:30 AM.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
          X