No announcement yet.

Thoughts on a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colt. All day, every day. Ain't nothing like the real thing baby.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I like the shit out of my P226 Elite, and this newest batch of their 1911's are supposed to be well sorted out. Admittedly, their earlier runs of 1911's were problematic, but they seem to have realized that won't do for the 1911 crowd.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Why?
        I think the Colt he is talking about has the older style sights. I don't much care for the old type. Personally, i think that the fit and finish found on Sig guns is some of the best in the price range. I personally like the look of the Sig style slide, I think it updates a century old design nicely. Also, the chances of a nasty home gunsmithing job on the Sig is much less likely than the Colt just due to age. Also, the factory threaded barrel, magwell, and night sights would really lend them to how CJ would use the gun (I think)

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          I think the Colt he is talking about has the older style sights. I don't much care for the old type. Personally, i think that the fit and finish found on Sig guns is some of the best in the price range. I personally like the look of the Sig style slide, I think it updates a century old design nicely. Also, the chances of a nasty home gunsmithing job on the Sig is much less likely than the Colt just due to age. Also, the factory threaded barrel, magwell, and night sights would really lend them to how CJ would use the gun (I think)
          One of the interesting things about this colt is the sights, it has some competition day sights. The Sig guy seems to want more for his than the colt guy, so I decided on the colt. He stripped out the inserts for the grips so I told him to fix them and ill trade. Should be a nice gun.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            One of the interesting things about this colt is the sights, it has some competition day sights. The Sig guy seems to want more for his than the colt guy, so I decided on the colt. He stripped out the inserts for the grips so I told him to fix them and ill trade. Should be a nice gun.
            Interesting. Is it nickel or blued/park?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
              Interesting. Is it nickel or blued/park?
              It's one of the less common nickel/matte combos. The sides are polished/nickel, but the top/frame are matte.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It kind of reminds me of my s&w 645, the only pistol I've ever sold and immediately regretted when I found out there was a .45 super conversion (damnit!)

Comment

Working...
                X