New hunting rifle time..input wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New hunting rifle time..input wanted

My good ole 30/30 has come to the end of its time. I am wanting something simple, single shot is even ok. Do not need a rifle to drop something at 200+ yards. Where i hunt its 50-100 yards max shot. You are all some knowledgeable folks on these things, what do you guys suggest. Trying to stay in a recent budget here too with decent optics.

How big of an animal are you shooting? In weight.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Standard East Texas/ NW La white tail deer. 70-140lbs Nothing special. Just trying to build a good setup for a decent price.

Comment

For the Shreveport area, 7mm-08. I recommend a Savage.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Maybe the .243 cartridge. Great for all ranges that you say that you will be shooting and even a little more if you so desire. Here is a link to some rifles, pretty good prices.

We carry 243 WINCHESTER caliber rifles for sale in our online gun shop, including hunting rifles, tactical rifles, and more. We stock Browning BLR rifles, Remington rifles, Marlin rifles, Savage rifles, Winchester rifles, Howa rifles, Tikka rifles, Rossi
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

What about optics? It has been years since i have bought a setup of anykind!

Comment

Just FYI, I read a couple of reviews on the Rossi Single shot's that are at the top (cheapest) of the list that I gave just a couple posts ago. It looks like they are straight shooters, especially for the money. For that range, um, I hate to say but do you really need optics or just want them?
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

You could put just a nice 1-4 on it if you really wanted.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

If you just want a one for all gun you can't beat a .243.

.55 gr all the way up to 100 or 110 gr.

Optics NIKON prostaff would be cheap and work well.

Comment

K98

Comment

Also, if you are really only going out that far, the .223 wouldn't be bad. Rounds are pretty cheap, plentiful, and good for small game. This scope and rifle package wouldn't be bad IMO.

We carry 223 REMINGTON /556 caliber rifles for sale in our online gun shop, including hunting rifles, tactical rifles, and more. We stock Browning BLR rifles, Remington rifles, Marlin rifles, Savage rifles, Winchester rifles, Howa rifles, Tikka rifles, R

I have this scope on my AR, and it's great. Even has built in hold-overs for out to 600 yds in 100 yd increments for the .223 round.
                      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Want optics for sure because my wife will be using this gun as well.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                          I have this scope on my AR, and it's great. Even has built in hold-overs for out to 600 yds in 100 yd increments for the .223 round.
                          Have you tried them out to 600y?

Comment

Take a look at the Marlin X7 if you're on a budget.

Any of the popular deer hunting calibers (.243, 7-08, .308, .30-06, .270, etc) will work just as well as the next for that range. I've taken deer in under 200 yd with .45-70, 8mm, 7-08, .308, and .257 Roberts. They all did the job equally well.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                              Have you tried them out to 600y?
                              Nope, haven't had the opportunity to try it out that far. But to be honest, I don't think that I could see much at 600 yds with a 4X scope. But I'm just telling you what's advertised.

The "dot" is a 1 MOA dot too, so hunting out that far would be crazy. I just use it for 3 gun stuff, so I'm just "killing" paper and steel. I have had it out to about 275 yds and it works great.
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                              X