No announcement yet.

Price gouging thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually don't blame stores for raising their prices at this point. Why should a store sell to me at 15 bucks when they know most people are taking them to eBay or gunbroker and get 75 each? Why should distributors sell to their retailers at msrp or extend credit when the stores are goin to charge 30-40 bucks a mag.

I will only give my future business to stores like GT Distributors and SGAmmo, even if it means paying sales tax or a little bit more.

With that said, i will put my hypocrite hat on and say that if my mags come in before the hysteria is over, I'm selling them to pay for all the other stuff I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      Just imagine if there is a real crisis. People will truly go ape shit.
      Imagine if it was milk and bread, food. You saw how fast the Pmags flew off the shelf and you don't really need those. And people laugh at the preppers.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

thats what im saying. People who do not know how to live off the land would be in a serious panic.

I could survive, but would miss the creature comforts.

Comment

Need a naughty and nice vendor list.
          IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
            Need a naughty and nice vendor list.
            Not really. what company is going to let the hoards empty their shelves their compettition's shelves, the warehouse shelves and the manufactures shelves at regular prices? What do tey do next month with no inventory and no idea on deliveries cause every other place have POs in also. It destroys the market for a while. Meanwhile they still have to make payroll and overhead. Rainier Arms posted a very logical letter on their site the other day. This kind of thing can be good for a business that has surplus of cash, can get inovative and create income while waiting on merchandise and that can avoid going into credit to survive. Some will make it but some mom and pop shops will close up.

The customer set the market. In this case the customer is driven by fear and the unknown willing to pay what ever it takes to put something in their closet before it is too late.

I don't dislike someone cause they want to charge me $50 for a Pmag. I just don't buy one. Then again, I stocked up on everything before any of this was directly foreseable.

read here. i don't want to muck the thread up anymore with the long letter embedded

Comment

Just had a guy come by the office wanting $4k for a colt 6920. Lmao!! Did this false market jump my machine guns up also??

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                Just had a guy come by the office wanting $4k for a colt 6920. Lmao!! Did this false market jump my machine guns up also??
                I have been scanning the classifieds and it seems like machine guns are untouched. What are they going to do, re-ban them?

That being said if you have any MGs for sale I would be a serious buyer, and you know I am good for it!
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  I have been scanning the classifieds and it seems like machine guns are untouched. What are they going to do, re-ban them?

That being said if you have any MGs for sale I would be a serious buyer, and you know I am god for it!
                  ...and there you have it folks.

They better leave full auto prices alone. I need to buy one in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    you know I am god for it!
                    Oh yeah?
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      ...and there you have it folks.

They better leave full auto prices alone. I need to buy one in 2013.
                      LOL! Fuck! Changed, but for the record I do think pretty highly of myself.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I got a 30 round AR mag over here that a marine buddy gave to me and I don't even own an AR. I have had it for over 10 years. I'm sitting on a goldmine I guess!!
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                        X