Thoughts on a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a trade

I have two trades on the table I'm pondering over which one. One is a nice Colt Series 70 nickel 1911 in .45, the other is a Sig Sauer TacOps 1911 w/ threaded barrel in .45.

Hmm... I like Colt's, that's kind of my thing - but the Sig has some nice functionality with the threaded barrel and rail. I'm a little apprehensive about a Sig over a Colt, they both have good names, but one is the original. Thoughts?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    I have two trades on the table I'm pondering over which one. One is a nice Colt Series 70 nickel 1911 in .45, the other is a Sig Sauer TacOps 1911 w/ threaded barrel in .45.

Hmm... I like Colt's, that's kind of my thing - but the Sig has some nice functionality with the threaded barrel and rail. I'm a little apprehensive about a Sig over a Colt, they both have good names, but one is the original. Thoughts?
    I bought a tac ops for the wife for Xmas....DAMN nice 1911. Funny thing is that it has the quietest function of all 4 of our 1911's. Very well fitted, very crisp machining. If you do it you won't have any regrets.

Comment

Doesn't the Sig use an external extractor? I always hated those, but I'm also not a huge Colt fan, too much money just for the name compared to what I can buy with the same money from other manufacturers.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        Doesn't the Sig use an external extractor? I always hated those, but I'm also not a huge Colt fan, too much money just for the name compared to what I can buy with the same money from other manufacturers.
        It's all about resale.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Doesnt matter, it will be confiscated shorty either way.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Colt is the original, but others have had a long time to catch up in quality and for lessor $$$ too. Dont pay for a name if you do not have too.

However, the Colt will have a better 2nd market where as the Sig can take some time to get rid of for the right price. Just a thought, you going to keep these, even if they are not your fav?
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Colt hands down for me. I used to like Sig, but lately every Sig I have shot has had problems, though none of them were the 1911 models.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                Colt is the original, but others have had a long time to catch up in quality and for lessor $$$ too. Dont pay for a name if you do not have too.

However, the Colt will have a better 2nd market where as the Sig can take some time to get rid of for the right price. Just a thought, you going to keep these, even if they are not your fav?
                Hence the resale. Yeah, It's threaded which is the appeal. I'm leaning towards the colt just because I don't have a can right now, and when I get one I can always pick up a cheap barrel. I've heard good things about the sigs though, I just don't like buying one of their 1911's. If it was a P220 or something I'd like it a lot more.

Comment

If it was a P220 or something I'd like it a lot more.
                  Hell yeah, I have been eyeballing them for awhile
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Colt. You list why right above here. I'm not a Sig fan, but mostly due to the weird feel of the older semis.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Hence the resale. Yeah, It's threaded which is the appeal. I'm leaning towards the colt just because I don't have a can right now, and when I get one I can always pick up a cheap barrel. I've heard good things about the sigs though, I just don't like buying one of their 1911's. If it was a P220 or something I'd like it a lot more.
                      My P220 Elite collects dust in the safe now. We have two sig 1911's, an STX and the Tac Ops. Both are far better shooters than the 220. I had to spend several hours polishing the 220's rails to get it to cycle smooth. There was a burr that had to have been there since it was made because the only way to put it there would have been to do it intentionally. Now it cycles flawlessly but is heavy and the bore center is too damn high. The feel of the tac ops is GREAT and the grip checkering is solid. Fit of parts is great and with the right amount of gun grease, they are buttery smooth. Triggers have a great feel too.

If you plan on trading them later, Sig might not be the best 1911 choice, however, if you are buying it for the threaded barrel and plan to keep it....do it!!!

Comment

It's all about resale.
                        Value wise the Colt wins, worth more.

Practicality wise the Sig wins, better gun IMO.

Comment

Colt , since Sig is not a 220

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post

Practicality wise the Sig wins, better gun IMO.
                            Why?
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Well from experience I bought my Colt Series 80 nickel about 4 years ago at around $670. It is in pretty good shape, no scrapes or nicks. I have seen similar guns now go for almost 900 bucks. I'd say out of most guns I see on Gun Broker, the 1911's increase their values a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X