Do we have anyone with a lathe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have anyone with a lathe?

I need to reprofile a saiga 12 barrel. Anyone on the board have a metal lathe capable of turning an 18" barrel?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    I need to reprofile a saiga 12 barrel. Anyone on the board have a metal lathe capable of turning an 18" barrel?
    If you are trying to shorten it and square up the cut I got you covered. If you are trying to change the OD on the entire length I can not.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      If you are trying to shorten it and square up the cut I got you covered. If you are trying to change the OD on the entire length I can not.
      It's actually both. I need to re-profile the OD about 4" back to the chamber so I can relocate the gas system and cut the barrel down to 8".
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I can not offer you a hand with that, sorry.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Can't help you either but would love to see pics of the build / modification process. Love seeing that stuff with guns, always gives me ideas.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Hack it down close to the final length and then throw it in a smaller machine for finishing and the OD change?

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
              Could you not just hack it down close to the end length and then throw it in a smaller machine for finishing and the OD change?
              I'd like to get the gas block relocated so I can take the barrel down in increments to test the gas system for the proper pressures.

Comment

It looks like you are going to have to buy a lathe...can I use it?
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

My smith in Stephenville can help if you need me to make the introduction.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                    It looks like you are going to have to buy a lathe...can I use it?
                    Yep. It's the one tool I don't own and it fucks me every time.

Comment

Why yes I do......

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        Why yes I do......
                        Hey buddy!

Think you could turn a barrel down for me?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          Hey buddy!

Think you could turn a barrel down for me?
                          I need details, what's the OD? Is it populated? Is it tapered? What exactly do you want done?

Comment

You fall off or found someone else ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry bud, just been busy with work and family. I can pull the barrel and would remove the gas block. It is tapered back to the chamber, just behind the factory gas block location. For some reason, almost no one depopulates the barrel when doing it. I have the tools to do this, but I'm curious if there's a reason.

Last edited by CJ; 08-11-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X