No announcement yet.

Ban exercising!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reid might lose eyesight after exercise injury but touts workout routine as proof he's fit to govern

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid says he could lose sight in one eye as a result of an exercise accident but is optimistic about a full recovery including running for re-election in 2016.

The 75-year-old Nevada Democrat said he sustained the injury and several others while exercising at home on New Year’s Day. Reid, the Senate’s top Democrat, told an NPR affiliate in Las Vegas that he was injured when an exercise band snapped and "catapulted" him into cabinets but also touted his exercise regime that includes hundreds of pushups several days a week.

“I don’t know how many people out there could sit down and do 250 sit-ups or do the strength exercise I did with those bands hundreds and hundreds of times --hundreds of times -- every week, three times a week,” he told the station.

Reid sustained a concussion and broke four ribs and several bones around the severely injured right eye, which kept him from returning this week to Capitol Hill for the first days of the new, 114th congressional session.

Reid said he cannot see as long as blood remains accumulated in the eye, but his doctor are “hopeful” about a full recovery.

He said he was just finishing his regimen when the band broke and he was “catapulted … backwards and to one side. And I crashed into a series of cabinets.”

Though Reid said the thinks he’s "doing pretty good,” he acknowledged the recovery “is going to take a bit of time” and that he’ll miss the annual congressional Democratic retreat, scheduled for next week in Philadelphia.

Meanwhile, Sens. Chuck Schumer, N.Y., and Dick Durbin, Ill., are leading Democrats in the upper chamber.

To perhaps bolster confidence in Reid’s physical capacity to lead, a spokesman for the minority leader tweed his workout regimen: “To recap Sen. Reid's exercise routine: 250 SITUPS 3x/wk (750 total). Arm & chest: 420 reps w/exercise band 3x/wk. Walks 3 mi/day. Plus yoga.

“I’ve always been fairly confident in my ability to fight back,” said Reid, a former amateur boxer who in November was unseated as Senate majority leader. “I’ll continue to fight back. I’m in the process of setting up for the next go-around.”

================

Is it situps or pushups? They need to get their story straight. The gut that is bulging from his shirt doesn't convince me that he does any situps.
    Last edited by line-em-up; 01-10-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Well it's not like he ever used his eyes to read legislation so I don't think his day to day activities will be effected.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        Well it's not like he ever used his eyes to read legislation so I don't think his day to day activities will be effected.
        You may be onto something. He didn't use his right (wing) eye anyway. Just his left.

Comment

He can claim anything he likes but his build doesn't tout his exercise regimen.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

"Tinfoil hat on." I think it's a cover story. He got put back in line or was punished for losing the Senate.

Comment

Too bad he was not completely destructed, by a tour bus, while attempting to cross Desert Inn RD.
              Detailing by Dylan
              817-494-3396
              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
              Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                "Tinfoil hat on." I think it's a cover story. He got put back in line or was punished for losing the Senate.
                Probably being punished for being an Obama-nut-sucking liberal without a mind of his own. No wonder Obama has only vetoed less than a dozen bills. This scum will not bring any worthy bills to a vote. He is an avid supporter of the NRA and will not admonish his support for him in the public eye.

It is not surprise, nor dismay, that our politicians in high office are willing to dissolve our tax dollars willing to dismay and persuade our voters into these high dollar progressive ideals that take money away from hard working Americans and put it towards those who would like to take away from those who are productive citizens.

It makes you think; Why do an increasing amount of Americans want to live of the grid and not have tom deal with the federal government and their overreaching system of fucking over the poor/and or over middle class and making them feel responsible fro the sad lives of those who do not want to kcontribute to society and are self-righteous.
                Detailing by Dylan
                817-494-3396
                Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Working...
                X