• Show
Clear All

• Never enough taxes, now a sales tax

class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
    Nope, don't think so. They bring in more than enough money as is. It's time to kill off the entitlement programs and earmarks. If they raise taxes all it's going to do is make an already weak economy worse. Shrink the government, cut spending. Don't raise taxes.

Comment

There are never enough taxes, take a look at countries like Sweden and New Zealand where top tax rates are 50-60%, the governments still don't have enough money. Their economies are heavily socialized, unemployment is high and stagnation has set in. Yet, if their governments could just get that next dollar, all would be fine.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        There are never enough taxes, take a look at countries like Sweden and New Zealand where top tax rates are 50-60%, the governments still don't have enough money. Their economies are heavily socialized, unemployment is high and stagnation has set in. Yet, if their governments could just get that next dollar, all would be fine.
        Agreed.

The government already takes in plenty. Let it learn to live on a budget just like we have to do.

Comment

Don't sweat it guys. This panel has no power at all. It was created to identify areas that cuts could be made and determine how revenues need can be increased.

There isn't enough time for them to put a bill together and force it through the lame duck congress. It's not happening.

Comment

What about the VAT idea that's being tossed around?
            I'm not so sure I want to become Europe!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
              What about the VAT idea that's being tossed around?
              I'm not so sure I want to become Europe!!
              Well that is basically a type of sales tax but it has a double whammy because it is added at each point of manufacture and distribution.

That said, I would be all for it or the FAIR tax if they were replacements for our graduated income tax system.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                That said, I would be all for it or the FAIR tax if they were replacements for our graduated income tax system.

I'm all for a flat tax a la Art Laffer. Tax everyone 11-12% and drop sales tax and other taxes. Fuck yea!! Also, no one who doesn't pay in should get shit out IMO
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X