Netflix Original: Bill Nye Saves The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    That's a blanket argument that could be used for anything.
    Especially "man made" climate change.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Follow The Money

Comment

Why do they want the government involved? Because governments essentially have endless money that can help the manufacturers research and develop greener tech and if need be make sure that whatever money they're getting for that purpose is being used that way.
        Uh Hell No

Oh yeah they're fantastic with tracking money! (See bank bailout)

Government does not solve problems, it creates them. You CANNOT legislate appetite. Leave it to the free market to find solutions that do not require subsidization.

While we argue over this bullshit, Mother Earth is plotting her revenge anyway. She'll fix it without blank checks from bank-o-taxpayer or stupid fucking meetings between a bunch of assholes.

Comment

I guess wanting to take steps in the direction of cleaner energy on a global scale isn't doing anything.

OMG, they still fly in planes! That's your argument.
          Wrong. My argument is those who crow the most about this are the biggest hypocrites. You are in no position to fingerwag when you admit you aren't doing anything to improve our impending doom.

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
          BTW, his argument before was that there's not enough evidence for him to believe it then ignored me when I asked him how he can believe in God.
          I don't remember you being this whiny in any of our other interactions. Every question of yours has been answered that pertained to my beliefs and this topic. Look for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Wrong. My argument is those who crow the most about this are the biggest hypocrites. You are in no position to fingerwag when you admit you aren't doing anything to improve our impending doom.

I don't remember you being this whiny in any of our other interactions. Every question of yours has been answered that pertained to my beliefs and this topic. Look for yourself.
            No they haven't and still have not. Maybe I didn't pray hard enough.

...and how are the names that you specifically mentioned the biggest hypocrites on the subject. Answer that for me.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

No they haven't and still have not. Maybe I didn't pray hard enough.
              So you agree, yet seem to think an argument needs to be made?
              Next time you pray, believe in God and have faith that something good will come out of it.
              ...and how are the names that you specifically mentioned the biggest hypocrites on the subject. Answer that for me.
              No need since I'm going to go out on a limb and have enough faith you're smart enough to keep up with current events discussed here and elsewhere on the internet, or should I pray for you that God gives you wisdom?

Comment

• Oh my.
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Comment

• Just a bunch of rhetoric. You can't change a mind stuck in it's ways.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Nope. And all because someone else told him to think that way. Read my previous post about critical thinking.
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• ^^^^^
                        Comical comment from a copy & paste attention whore.

Comment

Just a bunch of rhetoric. You can't change a mind stuck in it's ways.
                          Which post of yours is it where you give pertinent enough information to be convincing? I haven't seen one yet. What I have seen is how passionate you are against those who believe in God. Did you watch the vid earlier in this thread? There was a question posed to Bill Nye regarding the big picture in what difference is there to non-believers with those who believe in God. Especially for someone like you who thinks there may be some sort of being out there, but also cares about the environment, but does nothing to allegedly improve it.

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                          Nope. And all because someone else told him to think that way. Read my previous post about critical thinking.
                          Here are a gaggle of your like-minded critical thinkers:

Comment

What I have seen is how passionate you are against those who believe in God
                            That's not how I would classify it. We can probably find evidence that their is a majority of Christians who believe in science like evolution and climate change. Your beliefs are more extreme. We can probably also find evidence that the "devoutly" religious of this country are increasingly less active in making discoveries that benefit mankind because "god" is the answer to any problem that is still unsolved, like you have said earlier.

As to fingerwagging, voting is the best thing we can do right now. Putting solar panels up and buying Teslas won't tip the needle. Making solar panels and Teslas WORTH buying might. Takes a huge risk-taker (Elon) and some gov't incentives to get the industry going. Then, everyone might buy them and do their part.
                            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                              That's not how I would classify it.
                              Wasn't directed at you.
                              As to fingerwagging, voting is the best thing we can do right now.
                              No it's not. You can recycle, stop running your heat and A/C, use your trash for compost, walk or ride a bike wherever you go, get rid of that gas guzzling Corvette, moderate electricity usage, use a wash bin and only change water once a day, moderate toilet flushes to once a day, and lastly, only use one square of toilet paper per bathroom visit per family member.
                              You aren't doing anything but making yourself fell better by believing you're making a difference.

Comment

I'm aren't doing anything but making yourself *fail better by believing you're making a difference.
                                fixed
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X