Advertising forum got a little smaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
    i ran into don and walked up to him and he gave me a Cuban for the holidays. all of this after a few years of not minding if i got an opportunity to punch on him a little bit!

cool in my book
    Don't forget your permanent title.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

i truly have never tried to change it, though im sure i couldnt. haha

Comment

I check in at least twice a day, more if I have diarrhea.

Comment

While we are on the subject, it would really really really help the numbers if the for sale forum here was layed out like it used to be. One thing that Facebook really sucks at is sale forums, for a variety of reasons that I won't get into.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            I have a mustang. I now feel slighted.

Same here. Not that I ever do anything with it. Needs a bunch of money dumped into it, if were ever going to be "cool" again.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              While we are on the subject, it would really really really help the numbers if the for sale forum here was layed out like it used to be. One thing that Facebook really sucks at is sale forums, for a variety of reasons that I won't get into.
              Start a poll for this and I will go whatever way wins
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I vote for Al P

Comment

I was previously working with a guy who was trying to take over Dan Bishop's run at Grapevine Ford at being the go-to Mustang guy, but i dont think he really took a serious crack at it like he should have with Advertising.

One of the problems now with this forum is we have gotten pretty insular. Over time, the meet-and-greet get togethers get either a lot smaller, more infrequent, and more exclusive. Such is the nature of friendships as we all get older to have smaller groups of friends, but it sure does not help the growth of the forum or its web traffic for advertising rates.

Years back, this place had sponsored MMCMs every month, t-shirts, car logo stickers, weekly Sonic GTGs in 4 places (North - Carrollton , South - Arlington , West - Fort Worth Basswood Sonic, and East - some fuckin' place in garland, i dunno) along with twice yearly track events.

Now we have very small and scattered local meets, the holiday parties, no monthly bond, and no events.

Comment

And call me crazy, but i think it would be fine to bring the advertisers up from the bottom of the pick list so they get more visibility. Is it a little annoying as a normal user? Yes, but it's good business to drive traffic to new advertiser posts.

Comment

My posting depends on internet availability. I can view all day on our work network but can't post. The company blocks it somehow. I can post from my phone but tapacrap doesn't always work with out shit internet.

Just a thought, but Brooks is thinking of planning another drag event at Denton. He doesn't post here much anymore but I would bet if the board latched on to his efforts and helped him with the program, it could tag on to the publicity to drive members back here. Not speaking for Brooks, just a suggestion.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Radio Shack, Blockbuster, and Circuit City come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                          Radio Shack, Blockbuster, and Circuit City come to mind.
                          The sky is falling. At least when the world ends you can have the satisfaction of being right, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            The sky is falling. At least when the world ends you can have the satisfaction of being right, eh?
                            A different perspective, man. That's it. The sky isn't falling, this format is dying. It's no ones fault. Obviously you can see that I'm still here, and probably for the same reason you are. I'd like it to go back to the way it was. Guess what?

Twenty-five people here trying to figure out how to get back ten more by advertising. I imagine this is what it felt like in the boardroom of the last days of the companies mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              I check in at least twice a day, more if I have diarrhea.
                              That's a shitty statement!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                                Start a poll for this and I will go whatever way wins
                                Where do I vote?

Classifieds are how I found this shithole.

Comment

Working...
                                X