August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I've said for years that we should do this. It lets gays have the same legal footing as everyone else. They can go to an Episcopalian church or file for a common law marriage.

Comment

Good move. Wrong reasoning.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Bingo. I agree with getting rid of them. It's sad that butt hurt is what is driving it, though, and I disagree with the whole "religious official" thing. Some heterosexual people are atheists, so now they are at the mercy of hypocritical Christians as well? The Republicans are turning in to pathetic, petty, misguided people.
          I agree with all of this except the "turning in to" part. They have been pathetic, petty and misguided for a long time, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            To me this doesn't make it any harder for same sex couples to marry. They just have to get someone "ordained" through the Universal Life Church, or the likes, to sign the certificate.

Not sure how this could cause "probate" issues, as they will still recognize it as a marriage as long as signed off on by a "religious official", either way.

It could also actually create additional business opportunities for wedding officiants specializing in gay marriages.

What was the original purpose for requiring a license anyways? Wasn't it just to ensure that brothers and sisters can't marry, and that sort of thing? Oh, and so the state could get some additional revenue, of course..
            Umm...I'm ordained by the ULC and am willing to officiate for a small fee based on if I approve of your lifestyle choices

Also, this is the only constitutional answer to the federal overreach into marriage. Take it completely from the state.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Heh, I think I'm ordained from ULC too.

Comment

the withering of government is something i like to see
                WH

Comment

Working...
                X