No announcement yet.

Interstate moving company suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstate moving company suggestions?

No, not the annoying quote emails, been there done that when I moved to Sac (shoulda known better, but hey). I know that a few of us have moved away and back over the years, and I'd like to hear who you've used, and your experience with them.

Where are you moving to?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

DO NOT USE MAYFLOWER

They hire random drivers with minimal screening. The driver that moved me from Dallas to Albuquerque was CLEARLY using some type of drug (I'm guessing meth) when he showed up to start loading the truck...ran over a concrete center median while pulling out of my neighborhood right in front of me and cutoff 2 cars. 2 days later after no communication and no-showing in Albuquerque I finally got Mayflower corporate to tell me the truck was involved in a major accident about 100 miles out of Albuquerque delaying him 2 days longer. When he finally showed at the storage facility he backed the seriously damaged trailer over a wrought iron fence causing even more damage to the trailer....then started yelling and cursing at the illegals he hired locally to unload the trailer to the point one of them walked off the job. Called Mayflower corporate as he was doing all this to explain all the damaged furniture, TV's, tool boxes and missing items...while he tried to force me to sign the invoices saying everything was good. After 6 months of heated discussion Mayflower FINALLY sent me a check which only covered about 75% of my damaged/missing items. Mayflower has a HORRIBLE reputation for hiring drivers like that crackhead so DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Comment

I used Darryl Flood/Mayflower to and from San Francisco. No complaints, I'd use them again.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          Where are you moving to?
          Plano or Frisco most likely, in June 2018, as soon as schools out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had good luck with Graebel a couple times.
            I'll be using North American next month. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

My company set me up with Graebel. I didn't have a choice, but I was also impressed with the quality. They were certainly non English speakers coming from austin...and a pretty good all american crew in McKinney.

They definitely would have taken care of any damage and actually wanted me to claim stuff that I didn't care was broken.

They also hauled off all the trash...even though some wasn't part of the package at the time.

Comment

Also congrats on the move back. It seems like housing has stabilized a little in this area and the mckinney/Frisco border should have a lot to offer at that time near 121.

Comment

Atlas van lines

Comment

Household movers can be really sleazy.
                    Typically when you call a brand name mover ,be it Allied, Mayflower, etc.

Often you are talking to a " independent agent" of that company .

They will quote your move and broker it out to someone else , it could be double, triple brokered or more ..

Sometimes, they may quote you say $3500 or whatever and the end user might only be expecting $2500 .. once he gets it loaded on his trailer, they will call and say , need more money.

Or, worst case .. "we have lost your goods" happens a lot too

Your insurance is most times of no help , the insurance the carrier has many times is of no help .

Google it .. be careful, get very good recommendations..

Comment

If it's not a huge rush, PM me some details.

I have good rates and contacts at atlas van lines / atlantic relocation.

Normally they move high value servers for me across country, and they handle them very well. Only down side is they move at their own pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        No, not the annoying quote emails, been there done that when I moved to Sac (shoulda known better, but hey). I know that a few of us have moved away and back over the years, and I'd like to hear who you've used, and your experience with them.
                        Check your PMs

Comment

Forgot to mention that the Mustang will need to be shipped as part of the package, or separately, so thought on that would be great too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shipped 2 cars separately. Don't remember the company but I think it was whomever daryl flood uses. Fwiw it was $5500 to move us and another $1000 ish to ship both cars. 2 br 2 bath 1300 sq feet in SF.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

It's so damn expensive. I looked into it when I moved from TX to CO, and it was going to be like $7k minimum. Fuuuuuuck that! It took me one trip with a 26' U-Haul truck and another trip with a 12' enclosed U-Haul trailer, and then 2-3 more trips where I would load up the pickup when I came back to visit. Paid a crew to help load the 26' truck and another to help unload when we got here.

Anyway, doing it that way probably cost me a total out of pocket under $2500, but it only worked because I was coming back and forth to visit family and stuff, anyway, and my in-laws were cool with me keeping some stuff in their garage for a few months.

There's something to be said for letting a company take care of everything from start to finish, but I couldn't justify the difference in cost, and it was nice knowing where my stuff was and being in control of it at all times.

Anyway, good luck! Moving back to Texas? I could never live there again.

Comment

Working...
                              X