Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
    Household movers can be really sleazy.
    Typically when you call a brand name mover ,be it Allied, Mayflower, etc.

Often you are talking to a " independent agent" of that company .

They will quote your move and broker it out to someone else , it could be double, triple brokered or more ..

Sometimes, they may quote you say $3500 or whatever and the end user might only be expecting $2500 .. once he gets it loaded on his trailer, they will call and say , need more money.

Or, worst case .. "we have lost your goods" happens a lot too

Your insurance is most times of no help , the insurance the carrier has many times is of no help .

Google it .. be careful, get very good recommendations..

This.

What he is describing is what they call a hostage load. FHWA or FMCSA will not help you with these.

So the best thing you can do is go on those websites and check complaints, insurance, and driver scores.

Just do your research. I saw alot of hostage load complaints during my time at those agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      It's so damn expensive. I looked into it when I moved from TX to CO, and it was going to be like $7k minimum. Fuuuuuuck that! It took me one trip with a 26' U-Haul truck and another trip with a 12' enclosed U-Haul trailer, and then 2-3 more trips where I would load up the pickup when I came back to visit. Paid a crew to help load the 26' truck and another to help unload when we got here.

Anyway, doing it that way probably cost me a total out of pocket under $2500, but it only worked because I was coming back and forth to visit family and stuff, anyway, and my in-laws were cool with me keeping some stuff in their garage for a few months.

There's something to be said for letting a company take care of everything from start to finish, but I couldn't justify the difference in cost, and it was nice knowing where my stuff was and being in control of it at all times.

Anyway, good luck! Moving back to Texas? I could never live there again.
      Things changed when Christopher was born, and Cali politics sealed the deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I used North American Van Lines to move us from Denton to Denver. I was impressed with the professionalism in both loading and unloading. The put stickers on everything and gave me a very detailed inventory upon loading and unloading. They'll do as much of the work as you want them to and they can even give you boxes and packing materials. The only thing I moved myself was our bed, some clothing, my computer crap, and the TV.

The only thing I wish they could do better is a nailed down delivery window. They give you a two or three day window for delivery. For me that deliver came two days after we closed on the house in Colorado. It was a minor inconvenience.

It wasn't cheap. I think it was a bit over $7000 but it saved me a lot of time and headaches. I would definitely recommend them.

Comment

My grandpa use to own a moving company under North American van lines, they were always great to deal with. If you can find an independent owned "franchise" under their name, I would give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Plano or Frisco most likely, in June 2018, as soon as schools out.
            Out of those two Frisco is where you want to be, Plano isn't what is used to be, lots of India and Asians some Ragheads but unless you see a old man taking a walk you really don't see them. And the traffic trough that city is horrendous.
            McKinney is older and they have built a lot of medium income homes, When I was looking last year I would go through the hoods at night and noticed alot of company trucks, plumbing, Direct tv, electricians, etc. and the homes are not cheap either.
            Allen is doing a good job of keeping the homes in the $$$$ but that also keeps away the rif-raf. They also don't have a lot of land left to expand so that explains higher value of homes. 75 is finally done, well except for the Plano section of 15th-Plano pkwy. Other than that area, 4-5 lanes of hauling ass and no tolls from McKinney to downtown Dallas. Good luck on the move Aaron and let us know when you get back and we can break in the new house DFWStangs style...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Agreed about plano...not a great place anymore. I've lived in Mckinney , Allen and Frisco and would pick mckinney any day by far...then Frisco and Allen are split.

The Allen "Ghetto" is just about the same as the McKinney "ghetto"...but the nicer areas of mckinney are cleaner and much more cost effective. Allen will be the next Plano within a decade I believe.

When it comes to parks and overall stuff for kids and families, McKinney takes it hands down. The vision is centered around that type of shit, and it shows. Frisco needs to get their ISD shit together and the town doesn't really have the best events like mckinney or even Celina.

Most importantly...stay away from the MUDs. I know we probably paid an extra 10-15% purchase price...but it was worth it tax wise.

Comment

Plus mckinney has lockout gym

Comment

these guys are pretty reputable

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Out of those two Frisco is where you want to be, Plano isn't what is used to be, lots of India and Asians some Ragheads but unless you see a old man taking a walk you really don't see them. And the traffic trough that city is horrendous.
                    McKinney is older and they have built a lot of medium income homes, When I was looking last year I would go through the hoods at night and noticed alot of company trucks, plumbing, Direct tv, electricians, etc. and the homes are not cheap either.
                    Allen is doing a good job of keeping the homes in the $$$$ but that also keeps away the rif-raf. They also don't have a lot of land left to expand so that explains higher value of homes. 75 is finally done, well except for the Plano section of 15th-Plano pkwy. Other than that area, 4-5 lanes of hauling ass and no tolls from McKinney to downtown Dallas. Good luck on the move Aaron and let us know when you get back and we can break in the new house DFWStangs style...
                    I have my reasons for targeting Plano, and we are looking west of Preston, on into Frisco. Besides, living next to Asians and ragheads is better than them dirty messicans. There's plenty of diversity here in Sacramento, not to word about it so long the neighborhood and schools are nice. I'm really digging what McKinney has to offer, but that may be a little too far. The scoop is that Tanya wants to continue teaching Russian students, and it's my understanding that Plano and Richardson are tops for the area, so too far north will potentially limit her student base until she's made a name for herself.

We'll probably have a kid-friendly house-warming pool party/BBQ, but my dfwstangs style party days are long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      We'll probably have a kid-friendly house-warming pool party/BBQ, but my dfwstangs style party days are long gone.
                      no more cuddling? I'm out.

Comment

I got you fam, let me know when I can pick the load up.

Perez Transport LLC
                        Fernando Perez
                        1028 Primrose
                        Mesquite, TX 75149
                        214-680-1415
                        Pereztransport8@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          no more cuddling? I'm out.
                          Who says?! Cuddling is very kid friendly, ask Weinstein.

Comment

Originally posted by perez transport llc. View Post
                            i got you fam, let me know when i can pick the load up.

Perez transport llc
                            fernando perez
                            1028 primrose
                            mesquite, tx 75149
                            214-680-1415
                            pereztransport8@gmail.com

lmao.

Originally posted by saleen449 View Post
                            long story as short as possible.

I hired perez transport llc on 7/22/15 off of central dispatch to pick up my 2015 z06 in corpus christi and deliver it to lenexa ks on 7/23/15. Perez was paid in full for the trip when he picked the car up. On 7/24/15, when the car had not arrived, i made several attempts to contact the owner, fernando perez. After having to threaten him with legal action, he finally responded and gave excuse after excuse. From july 23 to july 29th, my car was sitting in a semi truck boneyard out in the open and unsecured. Not in the enclosed transport i paid for. On july 29th, i was forced to threaten him again with legal action after hearing excuse after excuse. He hired a company called alinc transport out of chicago to complete the job and get the car from mesquite to kansas. I have nothing but good things to say about alinc transport and the owner, vad. He called me to let me know the condition of the car when he picked it up and informed me of the damages done to it by perez transport llc. He also informed me that the car was left in the semi truck boneyard, unlocked, behind an open gate with the keys in the tailpipe. Vad followed through as promised and got my car to kansas the next day in an enclosed transport. And now, vad has brought it to my attention that perez stiffed him for the transport payment. I have also found out that this is not the first time perez transportation has done this to someone. Here is my effort to make sure it does not happen to anyone else. Please feel free to post this message in its entirety on any boards/forums/blogs you feel could benefit from it and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Stay away from:

Perez transport llc
                            fernando perez
                            1028 primrose
                            mesquite, tx 75149
                            214-680-1415
                            pereztransport8@gmail.com
                            *****also now know as exotic transport with alijandra perez (his wife) as the shipper....3 more cars missing as of 8-21-15

please support:

Alinc transport
                            vad-owner
                            773-742-0220
                            alinc.transport@gmail.com

skip harmon
                            president/general manager
                            allen samuels chevrolet corpus christi
                            mharmon@asag.net
                            817-319-2298

fucking cock sucker over here talking shit!
                            the keys weren't the only thing i put up the tail pipes of that piece of shit car.
                            i shit in both of the seats

Comment

[quote=Strychnine;1667335]LMAO.

Long story as short as possible.

I hired Perez Transport LLC on 7/22/15 off of Central Dispatch to pick up my 2015 Z06 in Corpus Christi and deliver it to Lenexa KS on 7/23/15. Perez was paid in full for the trip when he picked the car up. On 7/24/15, when the car had not arrived, I made several attempts to contact the owner, Fernando Perez. After having to threaten him with legal action, he finally responded and gave excuse after excuse. From July 23 to July 29th, my car was sitting in a semi truck boneyard out in the open and unsecured. Not in the enclosed transport I paid for. On July 29th, I was forced to threaten him again with legal action after hearing excuse after excuse. He hired a company called Alinc Transport out of Chicago to complete the job and get the car from Mesquite to Kansas. I have nothing but good things to say about Alinc Transport and the owner, Vad. He called me to let me know the condition of the car when he picked it up and informed me of the damages done to it by Perez Transport LLC. He also informed me that the car was left in the semi truck boneyard, unlocked, behind an open gate with the keys in the tailpipe. Vad followed through as promised and got my car to Kansas the next day in an enclosed transport. And now, Vad has brought it to my attention that Perez stiffed him for the transport payment. I have also found out that this is not the first time Perez Transportation has done this to someone. Here is my effort to make sure it does not happen to anyone else. Please feel free to post this message in its entirety on any boards/forums/blogs you feel could benefit from it and feel free to contact me if you

I saw the original post.

Comment

[quote=Strychnine;1667335]LMAO.

Long story as short as possible.

I hired Perez Transport LLC on 7/22/15 off of Central Dispatch to pick up my 2015 Z06 in Corpus Christi and deliver it to Lenexa KS on 7/23/15. Perez was paid in full for the trip when he picked the car up. On 7/24/15, when the car had not arrived, I made several attempts to contact the owner, Fernando Perez. After having to threaten him with legal action, he finally responded and gave excuse after excuse. From July 23 to July 29th, my car was sitting in a semi truck boneyard out in the open and unsecured. Not in the enclosed transport I paid for. On July 29th, I was forced to threaten him again with legal action after hearing excuse after excuse. He hired a company called Alinc Transport out of Chicago to complete the job and get the car from Mesquite to Kansas. I have nothing but good things to say about Alinc Transport and the owner, Vad. He called me to let me know the condition of the car when he picked it up and informed me of the damages done to it by Perez Transport LLC. He also informed me that the car was left in the semi truck boneyard, unlocked, behind an open gate with the keys in the tailpipe. Vad followed through as promised and got my car to Kansas the next day in an enclosed transport. And now, Vad has brought it to my attention that Perez stiffed him for the transport payment. I have also found out that this is not the first time Perez Transportation has done this to someone. Here is my effort to make sure it does not happen to anyone else. Please feel free to post this message in its entirety on any boards/forums/blogs you feel could benefit from it and feel free to contact me if you
                                You some kind of smart guy or somthin?

The real story is that dude brought his clapped out pos to the yard and wanted me to falsely report on its condition so we could squeeze the insurance company when it got to where ever the fuck it was goin for some dough "claimin damages" and split it down the middle.

fuck you guys are dense

Comment

Working...
                                X