White spots (oxidation????)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    I guess what I was saying is, it might cosmetically damage the finish, but it's not going to turn the blower into a pool of mushy goo

I knew what you meant. Like you said, it more than likey etched it finish. I did spray/wipe with some WD, it helped a lot, but still the spots. Will try the 50/50 here in a bit. Have the wife bring me some vineger since she is at store right now.
    Oh well, lesson learned.

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
      Lol, that would be an expensive pool of goo.

Lol, right

Guess Bradm would of been digging in my trash if it did. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
        Lol, right

Guess Bradm would of been digging in my trash if it did. Hahaha
        It's still a piece of shit, man. Pm me your address and I'll come pick it up before any of your neighbors see it.

Comment

some degreasers (like zep products) will discolor paint, that's more than likely only in the first layer of paint. Like it's been suggested you need to polish it out. Hit it with a very light abrasive like a mr. clean sponge or some polishing compound.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yes that's a result of the degreaser most likely. It depends how much damage occurred as to how you can fix it. It's possible you can repair it as CJ suggested if it's not too deep, but remember it's actually anodize and not paint so it won't exactly behave like paint.

I suggest not using degreasers not approved for aluminum at all

Comment

Working...
            X