No announcement yet.

Obama Cancels Tomahawk, Hellfire Missile Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not in a total panic on the tomahawk. For one there are missiles still in inventory. 2nd, we are using more drones with smart bombs which I bet can take care of a lot of the tomahawk's primary mission scope. A drone is just a cruise missile with a reusable delivery system after all.

Now I'm not so sure about the Hellfire. As some others have said, we could have a better system on the way but any major ordinance acquisition is going to show up in a budget. Sure there could be a black project but those are usually small in scale.

Of course all of this is just speculation on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      I'm not in a total panic on the tomahawk. For one there are missiles still in inventory. 2nd, we are using more drones with smart bombs which I bet can take care of a lot of the tomahawk's primary mission scope. A drone is just a cruise missile with a reusable delivery system after all.

Now I'm not so sure about the Hellfire. As some others have said, we could have a better system on the way but any major ordinance acquisition is going to show up in a budget. Sure there could be a black project but those are usually small in scale.

Of course all of this is just speculation on my part.
      They (DOD bean counters) also want a joint missile system. Something that can launch from helicopters, tanks, littoral combat ships, submarines and even from a roof mounted setup on truck. That way the Army, Air Force, Navy and CIA can use the same missiles but adapt them for their own specific launch systems.

This way the Chinese/Russians can concentrate on defeating a single missile system instead of worrying about hundreds.

Comment

Fuck this guy needs to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          What a Grade A Asshole.

I know this is absolutely horrible to say, but I really hope that we get kicked in the nuts again on his watch. Perhaps the loss of thousands would wake some of these voting zombies up. People need to fear his mentality of dropping the pants on our defensive abilities.
          ISIS just took over the Libyan airport. Guess what is at the Libyan airport in relation to the upcoming anniversary
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

They're nothing compared to carefully worded cautionary statements, and the threat of sanctions.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              ISIS just took over the Libyan airport. Guess what is at the Libyan airport in relation to the upcoming anniversary
              Holy crap. ELEVEN missing airliners??

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

How come when I read Free Beacon, I'm catching myself thinking Free Bacon?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  How come when I read Free Beacon, I'm catching myself thinking Free Bacon?
                  Wishful thinking
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

[QUOTE=Z06killinsbf;1358391]I think they're being replaced with a more modern weapon. I work at Raytheon and have heard no ill words about the missile leaving. But again I'm also not on the Airbourne side of house.[/QUOT

Some more news about Tomahawk.....

"Tomahawk enhancements showcased in back-to-back flight tests"

Mustangs previously owned:
                    1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                    1992 LX AOD
                    1993 LX Drag Car
                    1995 GTS
                    1997 Cobra
                    2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                    Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                    2016 Honda Accord Touring
                    2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

My entire neighborhood has a huge population of Raytheon employees. There's 12,000 people that work at the tucson facility. Not sure if they make those weapons here or not. Might want to sell and move if so.

Comment

Working...
                      X