TOB issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOB issues

So my car has needed a new TOB and pilot bearing for a while now and this weekend I swapped in both new FRPP parts, rear main and also swapped the unequal length shorties for equal length. It has a good cable, Steeda firewall adjuster and triple pick up. There is a spring between the fork and cable bracket though, never have messed with one of those before.

Well the chirping TOB only cleared up for about 10 mintues and is back squealing unless I put my foot on the clutch pedal and now it smells like it's burning the clutch a little although it seems to grab ok.

The clutch forks looked worn but not tooooo out of the ordinary. I think it has a cheap clutch in it anyways (Viola or something was stamped on it).

So is a new clutch and ANOTHER new TOB needed?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

you and me both, i am in TOB/fork hell right now, pulled the trans for other stuff and inspected the tob to find it was damaged (nice usa made national TOB), oreilly warrantied it and I got another (made in mexico, diff design) after looking at the fork the shitty china fork didn't have the right size width for the tob so 75% of the load was on 1 side of the bearing, I just spent the money on a real OEM fork, I also got a replacement one from summit and the problem was worse, good luck. also beware alot of frpp stuff is junk these days
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

All the guys on sn95forum are saying to run OEM Ford parts, I guess FRPP is not OEM quality?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I know the new gears i just got dont look near as nice as the ones from a few years back.

The actual mating surfaces look fine but the all around finish is lacking.

Comment

i just got a motorcraft tfi module and coil and they both look like shit compared to original OE, wonder if GM is abandoning their user base too?
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            i just got a motorcraft tfi module and coil and they both look like shit compared to original OE, wonder if GM is abandoning their user base too?
            they are killing them with faulty ignition switches.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              they are killing them with faulty ignition switches.
              Guess they got those from the same place Ford gets their junk from.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                All the guys on sn95forum are saying to run OEM Ford parts, I guess FRPP is not OEM quality?
                Ding Ding. Go to a Ford dealer for a brake job special, or any brake job for that matter and without asking (and paying) you'll get Motorcraft rotors and pads. Go in for a warranty issue (Ford 500 rear brake pad issue) you'll get one Ford rotors and pads. The cars new come with whatever warranty they have but replacement parts only need to go 12/12000 usually (or used too)
                Last edited by Skidonenko; 09-02-2014, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Wut?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

No idea lol

Comment

Working...
                    X