What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    Going to have to see this beast in person here soon...
    I need to get some actual work done first. I keep getting sidetracked any time I have a little bit of time.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I am at the point of needing to reinstall the dash. So today I pulled out the gauge cluster from the shelf and finished them out. The dash is about ready to go back in.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        It is like rhino liner. Have you ever seen it?

Oh, rhino liner. That's like plasti dip, isnt it?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I am at the point of needing to reinstall the dash. So today I pulled out the gauge cluster from the shelf and finished them out. The dash is about ready to go back in.

Those gauges look badass!
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Those gauges look badass!
            Thanks. I'm getting closer to starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Oh, rhino liner. That's like plasti dip, isnt it?
              I still think I am going to peel it and wrap it. This spray doesn't feel like it will hold up well under the car.

Comment

I still think I am going to peel it and wrap it. This spray doesn't feel like it will hold up well under the car.
                gotta lay it on thick!
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  gotta lay it on thick!
                  That is 2 cans on there now.

Comment

• When it comes time to wire my pos i might pay for a plane ticket for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      When it comes time to wire my pos i might pay for a plane ticket for you.
                      I am a hack at best.

Comment

I am a hack at best.
                        Well, you're my kind of hack.

Comment

Why not just get it powdercoated?

I just had a piece done with what looks to be about the same surface area for right around $150. The vinyl material alone is going to be $60-$100 and will only last a few years at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                            Why not just get it powdercoated?

I just had a piece done with what looks to be about the same surface area for right around $150. The vinyl material alone is going to be $60-$100 and will only last a few years at best.
                            Powder coat is a viable option. Who has an oven large enough?

I got a little bit more done today. Started on the battery and power cables.

The Ground/Alternator charge cable/Battery positive will all run through the pass kick panel with through panel connectors. Just need to get the hole saw and cut them.

Battery positive distribution/fuse block. 1) (8ga) Fan relay 2) (8ga) Oil cooler fan & Evac Pump relay 3) (4ga) vehicle fuse box/power are all fused. Then there is a non-fused 4ga for the starter.

Comment

Powder coat is a viable option. Who has an oven large enough?
                              What about air cure Duracoat?

Comment

• Quality Powder Coating in Carrollton is who I have been using lately. Their largest oven is fifty feet long.

Comment

Working...
                                X