good twisties around here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good twisties around here?

Anyone have some good routes that have pavement in good shape? One of my old favs was 157 from 287 down through venus, to maypearl, 916 west past 35. I am itching for an ozarks run but don't have the time or money to pull it off right now
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Lime Creek Rd. around lake Travis is fun.

Comment

67 to Stephenville
      377 to Comanche
      16 to Fredericksburg
      Get beers and spend the night
      Go back the same way. It's a totally different road on the way back.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

635.. With all that damn construction right now.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          67 to Stephenville
          377 to Comanche
          16 to Fredericksburg
          Get beers and spend the night
          Go back the same way. It's a totally different road on the way back.
          Did that once, but went on to the riverwalk for the night. Then up 281 after a night on 6th street and riding around the hill country.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

new hope rd. is good.

i know of pretty much any road around dfw worth riding, but not all have good pavement, and most are pretty short routes.

cant imagine any of them being too fun in a car though.

Comment

455 from Celina to Melissa, then make your way up to 697 and enjoy!

Comment

If you come this way FM 697 is a blast. Only 1/2 a mile from me.

motorcycleroads.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleroads.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                Last edited by BradM; 09-02-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/tx_fm697.html
                  Not bad, kinda gravelly in places the last time i ran it. I may have to try it out after work today.
                  Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/tx_fm697.html
                    Nice, this looks like a nice route, 697 included.

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      Nice, this looks like a nice route, 697 included.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/10...-onto-697.html
                      That doesn't look bad at all
                      Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Collinsville to Howe on FM 902 is nice. Even past Howe it's pretty sweet.
                        I mainly like it, because it's 5 min away and there aren't many cars.
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

FM 51 south out of Granbury towards Glen Rose used to be a good one, haven't been out there in years though.

Comment

Originally posted by 94whitehorse View Post
                            455 from Celina to Melissa, then make your way up to 697 and enjoy!
                            That's what I was going to suggest. I grew up on those roads and it used to be my route for the z06. Not sure about the route for a bike but looks like it's good.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                              Collinsville to Howe on FM 902 is nice. Even past Howe it's pretty sweet.
                              I mainly like it, because it's 5 min away and there aren't many cars.
                              902 past Howe is torn up right up rock road for a couple of miles now. There is some good stuff past the construction but it's at least 2 miles of rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X