Monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters

What an odd little horror movie. Ominous and creepy as fuck. I approve.

I thought it was pretty good, especially for the $15,000 budget it was shot with. I think I did a full review over on the "other site."

You're also misleading people by calling it a horror movie. I think Sci-fi is a little more appropriate.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
      I thought it was pretty good, especially for the $15,000 budget it was shot with. I think I did a full review over on the "other site."

You're also misleading people by calling it a horror movie. I think Sci-fi is a little more appropriate.

Well, they dubbed it a Monster movie, which in my mind is horror. But I think you're right. I knew it had a small budget, but DAMN, only 15K? That is fucking impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Well, they dubbed it a Monster movie, which in my mind is horror. But I think you're right. I knew it had a small budget, but DAMN, only 15K? That is fucking impressive.
        Well shit, that's what it said when I originally saw it. IMDB says $200,000...wikipedia said that the filming equipment cost $15,000, maybe that's where the rumor came from.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
          Well shit, that's what it said when I originally saw it. IMDB says $200,000...wikipedia said that the filming equipment cost $15,000, maybe that's where the rumor came from.

Well, not quiet AS impressive, but 200K in todays world for that quality is still pretty damn good.

Comment

I'm downloading it now.

Comment

It was OK, very well done for $200K. I guess I was expecting more of a climax at the end, or more action. Reminded me a bit of War of the Worlds.

Comment

if it was 200K, people do not realize how fast 200k goes, especially filming, crew, extras, equipment rentals, location transportation, the few cars they trashed in the movie add up...pretty impressive, looked like 200k in effects to me

Comment

Moral of the story... If you don't kill all the "monsters" while they are still in Mexico, they will migrate north and fuck up our country too.

Comment

Monsters: Dark Continent

Da sequel.

Kind of looks like what Aliens was to Alien

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I thought this first one was good but this one looks real good.

Comment

That looks decidedly higher budget than the original..

Comment

Working...
                        X