No announcement yet.

2014 Dove Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting outside of Eastland Thursday and Friday. I broke a finger about 3 weeks ago, we will see how it likes the 12ga.

Comment

• I can't wait to go back out Saturday morning... Now that I know I wasn't leading enough on Monday morning, I'm hoping for a better take this weekend.

and dammit if I see one more Benelli super sport...it's a sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        If I had to do it over again I would have gone with the Legacy or the Sport II but that's becuase I needed the adjustable buttplate and fitting it to a hallow plastic stock was a pain.

Comment

• I did decent on the west side of Lake Whitney at the ranch.

We had strips cut in the pastures and 8-9 guns. I'd say 5-6 got a limit and quick. The others that didn't limit just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

Comment

• Hunted near Paris this morning, little slow and we didn't have the best spot. Pretty much everyone nailed 2-3. Lots of fun though!! My first time dove hunting.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              I can't wait to go back out Saturday morning... Now that I know I wasn't leading enough on Monday morning, I'm hoping for a better take this weekend.

Say the word on a Benelli, dude. I've got you covered.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Pretty crappy weekend in Breckenridge. I'd say our group probably got around 35 birds all weekend. They just were not flying, rain came in and they were hauling ass real high. I switched to full choke on saturday evening and I managed to snipe 3, which was about all I saw over me.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Pretty crappy weekend in Breckenridge.
                  My dad pretty much had the same report out in Woodson....far less birds and way more hunters...he only managed 3 birds and just left due to there being no place to shoot without peppering someone.

Comment

• Game wardens are expecting a big surge in birds this weekend with the front that's supposed to push through.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• I was out working South East of Midland today and it is covered up with dove. Could have probably limited out and this was in the middle of the day.

Comment

• I agree with dee. Birds are here now and cold front hitting next couple days should push them down to you guys.

My friends little boy went down on my ground yesterday morning and the sucker got a banded dove. He is calling it in tomorrow. I cant wait to see where it was banded.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          Pretty crappy weekend in Breckenridge. I'd say our group probably got around 35 birds all weekend. They just were not flying, rain came in and they were hauling ass real high. I switched to full choke on saturday evening and I managed to snipe 3, which was about all I saw over me.
                          I don't know what you are talking about, we all limited out.

Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 09-08-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
                            Game wardens are expecting a big surge in birds this weekend with the front that's supposed to push through.
                            Well shit.

Comment

• I don't see any 28ga. hulls in that pile....bunch of cheaters!

[/QUOTE]
                              Last edited by elPolloLoco; 09-08-2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• I had a guy walk in the store today, and give me a bunch of 3" 20GA lead duck load, so that's cool. I guess I have to go pheasant hunting now.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X