No announcement yet.

Stupid gun buying question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are giving the firearm as a gift, you are still the actual buyer. You’re in the clear there. This differs from a straw purchase, where you are also the actual buyer (or legal buyer, who then resells the gun to someone who can’t buy it).

That’s why the ATF has added the additional language in the warning about “acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person.” Regarding straw purchases, form 4473 is clear. You can’t acquire a firearm “on behalf” of another person.
    If you are giving the firearm as a gift, you are still the actual buyer. You’re in the clear there. This differs from a straw purchase, where you are also the actual buyer (or legal buyer, who then resells the gun to someone who can’t buy it).

The only catch I can think of Jose, is that both of them MUST reside in the same state. BTW, the ATF does not give credence to "community property" with respect to firearms. There is no "duel" ownership.
    Last edited by likeitfast55; 02-12-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post

That’s why the ATF has added the additional language in the warning about “acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person.” Regarding straw purchases, form 4473 is clear. You can’t acquire a firearm “on behalf” of another person.

The only catch I can think of Jose, is that both of them MUST reside in the same state. BTW, the ATF does not give credence to "community property" with respect to firearms. There is no "duel" ownership.
      Thanks Randy!

Comment

Lol at duel

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          Lol at duel
          I giggled too.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I giggled too.
            Guilty ---- 2400 miles in the past week. I was a little weak last night.

Comment

Working...
            X