Origin of Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
    So out of the 6 million people that Hitler had killed, he tried to "save" 900? That's a good ratio. Also, remember when you said it was due to the fact that America wanted to further evolution and that's why the Jews were turned away? So you blamed evolution for the holocaust. Remember that part?
    Hey, remember when I said Hilter got his Eugenics ideas from America and complimented us on them? Here are some references for you:

Discover Sept. 2003, Pg. 77
    “Unnatural Selection, American scientists played a key role in the shameful history of eugenice”

Pg. 77
    In time, these ideas gave rise to American laws that empowered doctors to sterilize people they judged to be unfit to pass on their genes. As a result, Black estimates, some 60,000 people were sterilized in the United States over the course of the 20th century.”

Pg. 77 – Adolf Hitler
    Perhaps most chilling, though, were the ways in which American eugenicists influenced their German counterparts. “I have studied what great interest the laws of several American states concerning the prevention of reproduction by people whose progeny would, in all probability, be of no value or be injurious to the racial stock, “ Adolf Hitler told a Nazi confidant.

World’s Fair 1904, Anthropologist W. J. McGee designed the display – The century for Young People by ABC, Peter Jennings - two thousand “primitive peoples” were on display. The purpose of the display was to demonstrate the superiority of the white Americans who had evolved further. Also, Ota Benga was put on display in a zoo. A special display area was setup using pygmies in order to demonstrate their lack of evolutionary progression. He killed himself. (See www.rae.org for more info.)

President Theodore Roosevelt – believed the Indians were an inferior species.
    “I wish the wrong people could be prevented entirely from breeding.” Biology – Bob Jones University Press, p. 160.

Congress 1871
    US Congress scrapped all treaties with the Indians and moved them to the reservation system still used today because they were believed to be an inferior race and they did not want them interbreeding with the white man. This was the cause of the “Trail of Tears”.

And for your information, the Jews were sent on that ship in 1938, before the war started, because Hitler hadn't gotten to the point of killing them yet. I assume when he found no one wanted them, that's when he kicked into gear the whole idea of just killing them off or experimenting on them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC View Post
      Hey, remember when I said Hilter got his Eugenics ideas from America and complimented us on them? Here are some references for you:

Discover Sept. 2003, Pg. 77
      “Unnatural Selection, American scientists played a key role in the shameful history of eugenice”

Pg. 77
      In time, these ideas gave rise to American laws that empowered doctors to sterilize people they judged to be unfit to pass on their genes. As a result, Black estimates, some 60,000 people were sterilized in the United States over the course of the 20th century.”

Pg. 77 – Adolf Hitler
      Perhaps most chilling, though, were the ways in which American eugenicists influenced their German counterparts. “I have studied what great interest the laws of several American states concerning the prevention of reproduction by people whose progeny would, in all probability, be of no value or be injurious to the racial stock, “ Adolf Hitler told a Nazi confidant.

World’s Fair 1904, Anthropologist W. J. McGee designed the display – The century for Young People by ABC, Peter Jennings - two thousand “primitive peoples” were on display. The purpose of the display was to demonstrate the superiority of the white Americans who had evolved further. Also, Ota Benga was put on display in a zoo. A special display area was setup using pygmies in order to demonstrate their lack of evolutionary progression. He killed himself. (See www.rae.org for more info.)

President Theodore Roosevelt – believed the Indians were an inferior species.
      “I wish the wrong people could be prevented entirely from breeding.” Biology – Bob Jones University Press, p. 160.

Congress 1871
      US Congress scrapped all treaties with the Indians and moved them to the reservation system still used today because they were believed to be an inferior race and they did not want them interbreeding with the white man. This was the cause of the “Trail of Tears”.

And for your information, the Jews were sent on that ship in 1938, before the war started, because Hitler hadn't gotten to the point of killing them yet. I assume when he found no one wanted them, that's when he kicked into gear the whole idea of just killing them off or experimenting on them.
      First...concentration camps opened up in 1933. I can't find exactly when Hitler first started putting Jews in these camps but here's a pic from July 20, 1938 showing Jewish prisoners.

I vaguely remember learning something in my Sophomore highschool class about black people being used for experiments, but for some reason sickle-cell comes to mind. I don't remember anything about sterilization, but that was 10 years ago.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Here's a little bit on the black sterilization that happened in the 1960's. A little after Hitlers time.

Sterilization abuse of African American women by the white medical establishment reached its height in the 1950s and 1960s.

Why did Americans not like the Native Americans? Because they wouldn't assimilate to the new American culture including converting them to christianity. Anybody who remembers anything about U.S. history should know that Teddy Roosevelt was a huge asshole.

Comment

Here's a little bit on the black sterilization that happened in the 1960's. A little after Hitlers time.

Sterilization abuse of African American women by the white medical establishment reached its height in the 1950s and 1960s.

Why did Americans not like the Native Americans? Because they wouldn't assimilate to the new American culture including converting them to christianity. Anybody who remembers anything about U.S. history should know that Teddy Roosevelt was a huge asshole.
          Apparently things have changed with respect to Native Americans and Christianity. Granted this is limited to my personal exposure to to the heavily Navajo population in Gallup, NM, where the the commercial district downtown essentially shuts down on Sunday in deference to Catholic tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Apparently things have changed with respect to Native Americans and Christianity. Granted this is limited to my personal exposure to to the heavily Navajo population in Gallup, NM, where the the commercial district downtown essentially shuts down on Sunday in deference to Catholic tradition.
            Might have a little bit to do with the mass genocide of their people. Now, did they convert out of faith, or out of fear?

Comment

Might have a little bit to do with the mass genocide of their people. Now, did they convert out of faith, or out of fear?
              I don't think today's Native Americans are facing mass genocide.

Comment

I don't think today's Native Americans are facing mass genocide.
                I don't think todays Native Americans are first generation christians.

Comment

I don't think todays Native Americans are first generation christians.
                  Whether they are or are not does not matter, Christianity is not being forced on them today.

Comment

Whether they are or are not does not matter, Christianity is not being forced on them today.
                    Old habits die hard.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                      I am laid up with a broken tibia and torn acl. No golf for me for at least 4-5mos.
                      yeah, i knew that. but i thought i would pounce at the opportunity to fianally have a chance to beat you.

seriously, we need to try to do another golf thing later this spring. you should be good to go by then, i hope.

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                      Is what I play with.
                      no kidding? i really like mine. i shot 78 with them at waterview the second time out. so i am happy so far.
                      95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

Working...
                      X