Does God Want People to Go to Hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
    Everyone here has their opinions and beliefs. I think Brian puts together a good argument that concludes my beliefs as well. Not that you and others here dont make good arguments too, but far from what I believe.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but if you believe anything BrianC says to be true, you're just as nutty as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
      Everyone here has their opinions and beliefs. I think Brian puts together a good argument that concludes my beliefs as well. Not that you and others here dont make good arguments too, but far from what I believe.
      So basically, he tells you what you want to hear.

Comment

I'm glad that I accept the Bible, in its entirety. as the Word of God and have no need to reconcile the evolutionary theory, a construct of man, with Creation. Kudos to BrinaC and poopnut2 for their tenacity in sticking with their respective beliefs on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
          To gain knowledge is to hear it for the 1st time. No?
          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
            Your seriously sticking with this, along with your "no one created the magic man, he just existed forever till he got bored and created the cosmos" theory?

Evolution has purpose, the evolution of a species to survive and adapt to changes. Im no science wiz and even I know that.
            No, you're short-sighted. I'm not talking about a purpose of survival here on earth. I'm talking about an overall purpose. A big picture purpose. A purpose which answers the big questions in life:

1 - Who am I?
            2 - Where did I come from?
            3 - Who made me?
            4 - What is my purpose?
            5 - Where am I going when I die?

It is the answer to those questions which determine purpose. Evolutionists answer those questions as follows:

1 - Who am I? I'm a slim that evolved.
            2 - Where did I come from? I came from a rock...
            3 - Who made me? You were made by chance against impossible odds.
            4 - What is my purpose? You have no purpose. You sprang up by chance out of nothingness and you will die and become nothingness, and all of it will have been for nothing, and that means there is no purpose to life.
            5 - Where am I going when I die? You're going to nothingness.

A Christian answers them this way:

1 - Who am I? I'm a child of God.
            2 - Where did I come from? God created me (humans)
            3 - Who made me? God (made humans, and thus, made me)
            4 - What is my purpose? To choose whether I will love God or reject God so I can figure out where I want to go when I die. And once that is done, I will either serve God or myself depending on my choice.
            5 - Where am I going when I die? To heaven if I choose God or to a place separate from God and all things good if I choose against Him.

So, there is clear purpose in a Christian's life because he/she lives on afterward. In your worldview, though, there is no purpose, because you die and that's it. Nothing is/was accomplished that has any value since you don't live on after death. Life is meaningless for an evolutionist, so they should just live it up and do whatever makes them the happiest in life while they still have life. Christians, if they're doing what God wants them to do, use their lives to serve others instead of their own selfish desires. Unfortunately, many of them are selfish and don't serve God. I'm guilty of that in my own life to a degree too. But I do try to serve others. Many Christians don't serve God because they haven't sincerely accepted Him in their hearts, they just think they have, and those people really give Christians a bad name with their actions.

Comment

This is almost as factual as the rest of your posts. I believe you came back to antagonize Phillystang. Me beating you over the head on DFWS was just an added kick for me.
              Well, antagonizating Phillystang was just an excuse to come back and torment you, actually. I decided I wanted to stir up the pot a little one more time. Philly is just fun to mess with from time to time, but ultimately, he's just an excuse to come back and mess around with the Atheists a bit more.

Comment

You only believe what you want to believe too, so you're not different. If someone says something which is against what you want to believe, you don't want to hear it and you reject it. Pot calling the kettle black...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC View Post
                  Well, antagonizating Phillystang was just an excuse to come back and torment you, actually. I decided I wanted to stir up the pot a little one more time. Philly is just fun to mess with from time to time, but ultimately, he's just an excuse to come back and mess around with the Atheists a bit more.
                  And I'm sure you've noticed that this time around I'm not attempting to debate you or enter into any type of logical argument, as you are in capable of either.

Instead, I make fun of your dimwitted mistakes and misunderstandings of evolution. I agree, it is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    God loved us so much that He left it up to us to decide to choose Him. Salvation requires nothing less than perfection, as it should. Even trying to live to the best of our ability, sinless and living according to his Word; we all fall short of His expectations. You need to know it is not about commiting sins or not commiting sins. It's about knowing that you cannot achieve perfection without Him. In order to meet His expectations, you need His assistance. By not doing so, you're essentially saying that you can do it without Him, thus being just as perfect, if not better than Him.

Look, the whole reason Jesus came to the world was because God made several attempts to keep man on the track to Salvation. When it was made evident that man could not do it on his own (which it needed to be done to show us how we could not do it), Jesus came to do two things:

1. Show us how to live according to His WIll.
                    2. Make the ultimate sacrifice so that we do have an option for perfection, as our best attempt will still not do.

Even though perfection requires His assistance, we still have the option to exercise our own free will that He gave us. Even though there is a chance that we will reject Him, He STILL allows us to decide. It breaks His heart, but His love still allows us to decide.

The wages for sin is death. Perfection yeilds salvation. In order to reach perfection, you need to have Perfection take your place. Jesus did so by taking His perfection and placing Himself in death's path. His resurrection is Him conquoring death for us. It was His gift to us because He knows we can't do it ourselves.

His gift is what it is... a gift. It is undesrved and unearned. It is there to accept or reject. He did all the work for us.

I know you've probably heard all this before, Dave, as you're always on here just trying to get a rise out of believers and have no intent on understanding. I just hope my response reaches someone actually looking for answers in hopes that they research it for themselves.

You explained this very well. Extremely well actually.
                    ./ ____ _ _\.
                    (]]]_ o _[[[)
                    \o_FORD_o/
                    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      God loved us so much that He left it up to us to decide to choose Him. Salvation requires nothing less than perfection, as it should. Even trying to live to the best of our ability, sinless and living according to his Word; we all fall short of His expectations. You need to know it is not about commiting sins or not commiting sins. It's about knowing that you cannot achieve perfection without Him. In order to meet His expectations, you need His assistance. By not doing so, you're essentially saying that you can do it without Him, thus being just as perfect, if not better than Him.

Look, the whole reason Jesus came to the world was because God made several attempts to keep man on the track to Salvation. When it was made evident that man could not do it on his own (which it needed to be done to show us how we could not do it), Jesus came to do two things:

1. Show us how to live according to His WIll.
                      2. Make the ultimate sacrifice so that we do have an option for perfection, as our best attempt will still not do.

Even though perfection requires His assistance, we still have the option to exercise our own free will that He gave us. Even though there is a chance that we will reject Him, He STILL allows us to decide. It breaks His heart, but His love still allows us to decide.

The wages for sin is death. Perfection yeilds salvation. In order to reach perfection, you need to have Perfection take your place. Jesus did so by taking His perfection and placing Himself in death's path. His resurrection is Him conquoring death for us. It was His gift to us because He knows we can't do it ourselves.

His gift is what it is... a gift. It is undesrved and unearned. It is there to accept or reject. He did all the work for us.

I know you've probably heard all this before, Dave, as you're always on here just trying to get a rise out of believers and have no intent on understanding. I just hope my response reaches someone actually looking for answers in hopes that they research it for themselves.
                      I always like a good fairy tale...

Comment

The Word of God is no fairy tale...

Luke 16: 19-31

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19"There was a rich man who was clothed in(W) purple and fine linen and(X) who feasted sumptuously every day. 20And at his gate(Y) was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, 21who desired to be fed with(Z) what fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22The poor man died and was carried by(AA) the angels(AB) to Abraham’s side.[f] The rich man also died and was buried, 23and in(AC) Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and(AD) saw Abraham far off and Lazarus(AE) at his side. 24And he called out,(AF) 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and(AG) cool my tongue, for(AH) I am in anguish in this flame.' 25But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that(AI) you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.' 27And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father’s house— 28for I have five brothers[g]—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.' 29But Abraham said, 'They have(AJ) Moses and the Prophets;(AK) let them hear them.' 30And he said, 'No,(AL) father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' 31He said to him, 'If they do not hear(AM) Moses and the Prophets,(AN) neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'"
                        ./ ____ _ _\.
                        (]]]_ o _[[[)
                        \o_FORD_o/
                        |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19"There was a rich man who was clothed in(W) purple and fine linen and(X) who feasted sumptuously every day. 20And at his gate(Y) was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, 21who desired to be fed with(Z) what fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22The poor man died and was carried by(AA) the angels(AB) to Abraham’s side.[f] The rich man also died and was buried, 23and in(AC) Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and(AD) saw Abraham far off and Lazarus(AE) at his side. 24And he called out,(AF) 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and(AG) cool my tongue, for(AH) I am in anguish in this flame.' 25But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that(AI) you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.' 27And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father’s house— 28for I have five brothers[g]—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.' 29But Abraham said, 'They have(AJ) Moses and the Prophets;(AK) let them hear them.' 30And he said, 'No,(AL) father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' 31He said to him, 'If they do not hear(AM) Moses and the Prophets,(AN) neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'"
                          Oh jesus christ. Another scripture quoting looney.

Comment

The Rich Man and Lazarus

I'm sorry for using "fairy-tale" I meant Biblical fiction

Comment

1 Timothy 4:1

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

I know I know.... another verse from the scriptures...

The Bible can be proven via archeology and geography. I know the great debate is endless, but out of all prophecies stated in the Word, "The Bible", they have all unfolded True.

Just look at the USA's stand with Israel. ask yourself why we stand behind them.
                              The epicenter of the world stands as such. The Temple Mount, Jerusalem, Israel... exc...

Israel is so small in size, surrounded by bullies of the middle east, yet they are a force to be reckoned with...

May 14, 1948 Israel declares independance... once again after 2000 years the jews are an independant nation. Immediately 7 arab nations attack with a fury. 800,000 jews are at war with 150 million arabs. Israel wins as a democracy in the middle east.

Then again June 1 1967 the Arab nations strike again w/out warning... 6 DAYS Later they crush Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan... Israel quadruples its territory, takes the Temple Mount back under jewish control after 2000 years... The arab world vows revenge.

The Bible speaks of this... And we have only just begun to sctrach the surface.
                              ./ ____ _ _\.
                              (]]]_ o _[[[)
                              \o_FORD_o/
                              |__|.....|__|

Comment

1 Timothy 4:1

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

I know I know.... another verse from the scriptures...

The Bible can be proven via archeology and geography. I know the great debate is endless, but out of all prophecies stated in the Word, "The Bible", they have all unfolded True.

Just look at the USA's stand with Israel. ask yourself why we stand behind them.
                                The epicenter of the world stands as such. The Temple Mount, Jerusalem, Israel... exc...

Israel is so small in size, surrounded by bullies of the middle east, yet they are a force to be reckoned with...

May 14, 1948 Israel declares independance... once again after 2000 years the jews are an independant nation. Immediately 7 arab nations attack with a fury. 800,000 jews are at war with 150 million arabs. Israel wins as a democracy in the middle east.

Then again June 1 1967 the Arab nations strike again w/out warning... 6 DAYS Later they crush Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan... Israel quadruples its territory, takes the Temple Mount back under jewish control after 2000 years... The arab world vows revenge.

The Bible speaks of this... And we have only just begun to sctrach the surface.
                                Tell me, how exactly can the bible be proven via archeology and geology? I await your response eagerly.

Comment

Working...
                                X