No announcement yet.

The War on Drugs and the absurdity of our government summed up in one sentence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The War on Drugs and the absurdity of our government summed up in one sentence

"The government cannot make you a better person."

And Vertnut in 3, 2, 1 to comment on Ron Paul being a 'nutjob'.

Also:

"Why don't they [the government] put you on a diet? You're a little overweight."

Comment

Since you called me out, what's your point? He's NOT a nut-job because of some good idea's he has? Hitler had some damn good idea's, but he was still a nut-job...

Ron Paul is D-O-N-E. He will never be POTUS. You'll have to face it at somepoint in time.

Comment

Right on and the damn truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          Since you called me out, what's your point? He's NOT a nut-job because of some good idea's he has? Hitler had some damn good idea's, but he was still a nut-job...

Ron Paul is D-O-N-E. He will never be POTUS. You'll have to face it at somepoint in time.
          I missed the point where he said anything about Paul being president. It was merely an accurate statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            I missed the point where he said anything about Paul being president. It was merely an accurate statement.
            I have stated dozens of times that I AGREE with a lot of RP's ideas. I've also stated dozens of times that he was NOT a good candidate for POTUS. That Morton Downey show is probably 20 years old.

Comment

DR PAUL is a very smart person, and he's right again in this segment.
              “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

I have stated dozens of times that I AGREE with a lot of RP's ideas. I've also stated dozens of times that he was NOT a good candidate for POTUS. That Morton Downey show is probably 20 years old.
                I fail to see the connection to the OP's post. There was no mention of RP being president.

Comment

There have been a multitude of discussions not related to his Presidential candidacy in which you have thrown in your opinion of him as a nutjob for no apparent reason or to discredit a statement made. It was a little jab, nothing more.

I still don't see how he's any less qualified to be POTUS than a Sarah Palin or John McCain when it comes to the category of nutjobbishness, but that's a different discussion that wasn't really my intent here. And aside from that, he stated the day after the '08 election that he wouldn't be running again. It's a non-point.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    There have been a multitude of discussions not related to his Presidential candidacy in which you have thrown in your opinion of him as a nutjob for no apparent reason or to discredit a statement made. It was a little jab, nothing more.

I still don't see how he's any less qualified to be POTUS than a Sarah Palin or John McCain when it comes to the category of nutjobbishness, but that's a different discussion that wasn't really my intent here. And aside from that, he stated the day after the '08 election that he wouldn't be running again. It's a non-point.
                    RP is a great man and makes a huge so called splash in Washington. He has more in common with the folks who started this country than just about anyone in politics. It will be a sad day for our country when he leaves his post IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

He's not as popular as Palin, but that's beside the point. She's not as qualified as I'd like, but now that we've had Barry, the door is wide open for just about anyone. When people quit trying to stick RP up my ass (like calling me out by the OP), I'll relent.

Comment

Like he basically said, if people want to get fucked up, they will find a way to get fucked up. Good, and funny post.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                          Like he basically said, if people want to get fucked up, they will find a way to get fucked up. Good, and funny post.
                          I didn't say he wasn't right!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            I fail to see the connection to the OP's post. There was no mention of RP being president.
                            I'm pretty sure he was on the show as the Libertarian candidate for POTUS in 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              I'm pretty sure he was on the show as the Libertarian candidate for POTUS in 1988.
                              You are correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X