No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was glad to see after a couple weeks of not weighing, focusing on a ton of other stuff, and allowing myself more red meat, etc. that I still weighed in 5lbs lighter, so I'm currently just shy of 265lbs.

Still aiming for 250. Hopefully this summer I'll be getting down in that range. That will be 20% body weight loss from last summer
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Progress remains steady, and I'm finally under 220lbs for the first time in 5 or 6 years, maybe more, though just barely at 219lbs. We're heading to Cabo the second week of May, and though I'm not gonna kill myself to hit a certain %, as that's only 2 months away, my resolve is rock solid.

Great work gents, keep it up!

Comment

• Just a quick update for a milestone, as of this morning I've lost 40lbs since the beginning pics I posted a few pages back. 255-215 in 6 months or so.

Comment

• nice man!

I've just started walking with the wife in the evenings a little. No caffeine to speak of save a little iced tea on the weekends when we go out to eat. The past couple Sundays we've split an omelette plate and I'll get iced tea.

I guess I'm still leaning out a little although I've been hovering at/just below 265 for a month or so.

I need to quit using my hectic life as an excuse not to exercise more

Comment

• Stress can have a pretty profound effect on the body Forest, and they way we store calories and such, but just being "busy" isn't that kind of stress. Not working out doesn't help, but honestly the key to weight loss is calorie management, regardless of other factors.

As an example to the opposite of yours, I was working out 4-6 times a week, and still managed to balloon up to 255lbs by eating more than I was burning. It was the dirtiest bulk in human history. lol

Conversely I took a year or so off from the gym in '11-'12 and actually lost a little weight because I was eating pretty good throughout. My point being that you should to stay focused on eating good, and portion control, and don't use not working out as a means to point the blame finger where it doesn't belong. Kudos again on the caffeine, I can't seem to break myself of it.

That having been said, keep after those walks with the wife, I've finally got mine on board with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Just a quick update for a milestone, as of this morning I've lost 40lbs since the beginning pics I posted a few pages back. 255-215 in 6 months or so.
              Great job man!!!
              What is your next goal to set and achieve?

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                Great job man!!!
                What is your next goal to set and achieve?
                To get as lean as I can for Cabo, and then to not screw off too bad while we're there. 200lbs is the next milestone, and we leave 5/9, which gives me 7 and a half weeks. At 2lbs a week I'll make it, but honestly that's a little faster than I want to progress for the sake of lean mass.

200lbs@8% is the dream, we'll see how far off I am when I get the scale there first.

Comment

Stress can have a pretty profound effect on the body Forest, and they way we store calories and such, but just being "busy" isn't that kind of stress. Not working out doesn't help, but honestly the key to weight loss is calorie management, regardless of other factors.
                  Yeah, stress is one thing I have plenty of... and my "busy" is typically running around in the truck and just generally trying to align the heavens to my will using only my thoughts. (doesn't really pan out very often! LOL)

I actually just weighed in this morning at 260, but it fluctuates 5+lbs with ease, so I tend to just take note of my highest weigh ins and use that as my "weight"

I was running a huge calorie deficit for a while. Probably too much, but i just wanted the weight off ASAP. I feel so much better as of right now that I've just been content with maintaining or maybe losing .5-1lb/wk.

But I have a few little mini quagmires I've been whittling away at since Sept of last year, and a couple of them should be resolved for better or for worse within the next month or two, so I'm hoping that without all that weighing on my shoulders, that I'll be a little more inclined to just kinda get out and be active. Probably just more procrastination! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    Yeah, stress is one thing I have plenty of... and my "busy" is typically running around in the truck and just generally trying to align the heavens to my will using only my thoughts. (doesn't really pan out very often! LOL)

I actually just weighed in this morning at 260, but it fluctuates 5+lbs with ease, so I tend to just take note of my highest weigh ins and use that as my "weight"

I was running a huge calorie deficit for a while. Probably too much, but i just wanted the weight off ASAP. I feel so much better as of right now that I've just been content with maintaining or maybe losing .5-1lb/wk.

But I have a few little mini quagmires I've been whittling away at since Sept of last year, and a couple of them should be resolved for better or for worse within the next month or two, so I'm hoping that without all that weighing on my shoulders, that I'll be a little more inclined to just kinda get out and be active. Probably just more procrastination! LOL
                    Sounds to me like you need a meeting... lol

Comment

• Mmmmmm...

Joint sub committee meeting?

Comment

• From my high of 265 at the beginning of November I'm down to around 238 last I weighed and it seems as though my "eat less stuff" diet is starting to lose its effectiveness. Does anyone have a direction on diets that don't require someone to buy food in bulk? I'm only cooking for one and it seems that the only way you can buy food nowadays is in quantity so I end up wasting a lot due to spoilage.

Where I started at (photo from June '14)

Where I'm at now. (Taken Valentines day)
                        Last edited by racrguy; 03-17-2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Just a quick update for a milestone, as of this morning I've lost 40lbs since the beginning pics I posted a few pages back. 255-215 in 6 months or so.
                          Damn, dude. Well done.

As of today I'm down 8.8 lbs since starting one month ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            From my high of 265 at the beginning of November I'm down to around 238 last I weighed and it seems as though my "eat less stuff" diet is starting to lose its effectiveness. Does anyone have a direction on diets that don't require someone to buy food in bulk? I'm only cooking for one and it seems that the only way you can buy food nowadays is in quantity so I end up wasting a lot due to spoilage.
                            My staple is chicken and rice, I'll grill a grill-full of boneless chicken breast once a week, and then nuke 'em through out the week. Pretty much with anything though, as a single guy you'll have to commit to eating whatever you make for the next few days, or it goes bad like you said. Bags of salad are convenient, and you can shop for fresh veggies to add once a week or so.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            Damn, dude. Well done.

As of today I'm down 8.8 lbs since starting one month ago.
                            8.8 in a month is good progress, almost too good to maintain, keep after it though. "Preciate the kid words, but it's always easier to drop pounds when you're carrying that extra 50. These last 10- have become decidedly more difficult, but Cabo looming on the horizon keeps me focused.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              I'm gonna jump in here too. After moving last April transitioning into a new job, new city, new life, etc. really took the wind out of my sails in terms of working out and eating healthy.

To just over 230 lbs with 10 months of musclemass loss... and I just feel fat.

Being data driven, of course I have charts and data. In two weeks I'm down 6.2 lbs so -3.1 lbs/wk. Likely not sustsainable for the duration to my 200lb goal, but that's where I'm at now.
                              g]

How tall are you? I ask because we weigh the same but you look a lot bigger than I do.

My progress is still going well, did a bulking phase last month and gained 20 lbs in mostly muscle, plan to start cutting it away in April. Goal is to be around 225 with 10% or so BF.

Question for the people that do bulk for size, since I've never done it, is it natural to feel really ...heavy, for lack of a better term? Was doing some HIIT stuff this week and while doing jumping lunges, box jumps, high knees etc... I feel like I'm getting too tired too fast.

Am I correct in assuming its because of my extra weight gain?

Comment

• Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                                How tall are you? I ask because we weigh the same but you look a lot bigger than I do.

My progress is still going well, did a bulking phase last month and gained 20 lbs in mostly muscle, plan to start cutting it away in April. Goal is to be around 225 with 10% or so BF.

Question for the people that do bulk for size, since I've never done it, is it natural to feel really ...heavy, for lack of a better term? Was doing some HIIT stuff this week and while doing jumping lunges, box jumps, high knees etc... I feel like I'm getting too tired too fast.

Am I correct in assuming its because of my extra weight gain?
                                It's not just the weight itself, wearing a 20lb belt wouldn't have near the effect, it's primarily because your body is now working harder to supply blood and nutrients to the extra tissue. Your cardiovascular system needs time to catch up, and even then, bigger guys simply have to work harder to move.

Comment

Working...
                                X