5.56 case prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.56 case prep

Anyone else come to the conclusion that having to cut out the primer crimp makes it just not worth it?

I use a Dillon Super Swage 600 and it knocks them out pretty quick. However, I am thinking about getting some kind of swage attachment to my 650 so I can size, swage, and trim all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteMach1 View Post
      Anyone else come to the conclusion that having to cut out the primer crimp makes it just not worth it?
      It depends on your tools and press. If you have a press that swages the primers as you load, it doesn't really matter. Unless you're loading thousands of rounds a run, a deburring tool in the primer pockets takes a second.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I use the frankford arsenal case prep center after a size/deprime run through my 650... It works well and since I shoot less than a few K rounds of rifle a year I don't mind. I just load up in bulk and have plenty for a long time. If I were to do more I'd get the swage attachment for the 650 that replaces the primer seating and a trim die setup for my resize toolhead.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          I use the frankford arsenal case prep center after a size/deprime run through my 650... It works well and since I shoot less than a few K rounds of rifle a year I don't mind. I just load up in bulk and have plenty for a long time. If I were to do more I'd get the swage attachment for the 650 that replaces the primer seating and a trim die setup for my resize toolhead.
          One of the swagers works well, the other sucks. Don't get the one that sucks.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            One of the swagers works well, the other sucks. Don't get the one that sucks.
            Thanks, if I decide to do it I'll make sure to ask which is which... it's just really low on the priority list.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

I found the deburring tool actually works better than the RCBS crimp remover.

also watched some youtube videos on the Dillon Super Swage 600. nice tools - I was hoping not to spend more money on tooling since i'm probably only going to be reloading about 500 cartridges in the next 3 to 6 months.
              _

Comment

Working...
              X