Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    thanks.
    Hope to film the next episode this weekend. I'll be bringing a tripod!
    Can't wait to check it out! I have always been intrigued by R/C airplanes, but never took that leap. I had a couple of Associated R/C cars when I was in my teens but that is as far as it went. I settled on static models as my "hobby".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

thanks man.
      I just got my gopro so quality is just starting to get better. I'm thinking I may go with a stand alone audio system, and add the sound in post. What do you think?
      Just one more thing to have to fuck with, IMO.

I recently bought these and they helped my gopro audio a lot (wifi on the camera needs to be off though, it will interfere). I have a 4 so don't rely on the app. It won't work with the waterproof case but the skeleton case works great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also put these dead cats on it (with a touch of superglue) and they are much better with wind than the foam things than came on it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Just one more thing to have to fuck with, IMO.

I recently bought these and they helped my gopro audio a lot (wifi on the camera needs to be off though, it will interfere). I have a 4 so don't rely on the app. It won't work with the waterproof case but the skeleton case works great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also put these dead cats on it (with a touch of superglue) and they are much better with wind than the foam things than came on it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        I'm using a hero session, Don't think I've got an audio out. I'm maybe going to have to buy another gopro or two.

Comment

Thats great, 100+ with electric has got super easy, I recently crashed a 114mph rare bear. lol
          All it had done to it was I swapped from 4s to 5s batteries. (thats 114 radar confirmed.

If you are local to DFW then come up to denton and we can fly together and talk shop. let me know if you have any questions about fpv and stuff. If I don't know I can atleast point you to someone who does.
          I just bought a generic version of the same plane. I was painting it but painting foam isn't anything I've figured out well yet. I'm considering glassing my current balsa build. I've thought about some of the old balsa racing designs and glass for speed builds. Rare bear has too much frontal area even if it will break 100. I need to figure out how to finish mine nicely and go fly it. I have the colors and scheme figured out but the foam finish part eludes me.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I just bought a generic version of the same plane. I was painting it but painting foam isn't anything I've figured out well yet. I'm considering glassing my current balsa build. I've thought about some of the old balsa racing designs and glass for speed builds. Rare bear has too much frontal area even if it will break 100. I need to figure out how to finish mine nicely and go fly it. I have the colors and scheme figured out but the foam finish part eludes me.
            decals?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys View Post
              i just bought a generic version of the same plane. I was painting it but painting foam isn't anything i've figured out well yet. I'm considering glassing my current balsa build. I've thought about some of the old balsa racing designs and glass for speed builds. Rare bear has too much frontal area even if it will break 100. I need to figure out how to finish mine nicely and go fly it. I have the colors and scheme figured out but the foam finish part eludes me.
              i do a lot of air brushing on mine.

Comment

I just ordered a mic for my DSLR

Comment

No, I will not do you a solid, dude...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm using a hero session, Don't think I've got an audio out. I'm maybe going to have to buy another gopro or two.
                    Ah, gotcha. I really like the 4, got it as a refurb a couple years ago.

Finally watched the video.. I think most of what I would suggest has been covered. I liked Stephen's suggestion about checking out Casey Neistat and Peter McKinnon, McKinnon has a lot more stuff on the equipment and technical side where Neistat is more about the story.

I've been cultivating a channel idea for fun and have been doing a bunch of research and trying shit out.. I'm planning to start in earnest really soon but much of it will be outdoors so I'll be somewhat limited by the weather. I've created the channel but haven't uploaded anything to it yet and it'll probably be a couple months before I do.

I'm not worried about creating some huge channel or anything and would be a long way away from any sort of monetization, but the process really interests me. Particularly in creating a 'story', filming and editing.

Comment

So I took y'alls advice and then over did it. I now own 3 more gopo's.
                      A hero4 with built in touch screen, a regular hero4 with a add on screen, and a hero3. I also got a tripod with a light, and a shit ton of batteries and mounts. I'm about to order that mic posted earlier.

Comment

So I took y'alls advice and then over did it. I now own 3 more gopo's.
                        A hero4 with built in touch screen, a regular hero4 with a add on screen, and a hero3. I also got a tripod with a light, and a shit ton of batteries and mounts. I'm about to order that mic posted earlier.
                        Haha, damn! Yeah, the 4 I have has the touchscreen.

What software are you using? I downloaded shotcut this morning to try out (supposedly one of the better free ones) but need to look up some tutorials. If i get serious I figured I would upgrade to a paid software.

So far I have only played with Adobe Clip using my phone.

Comment

What software are you using? I downloaded shotcut this morning to try out (supposedly one of the better free ones) but need to look up some tutorials. If i get serious I figured I would upgrade to a paid software.

FOR EDITING?
                          I use a program called Power director. I like it a lot.

Comment

FOR EDITING?
                            I use a program called Power director. I like it a lot.
                            Yeah, for editing. I see they have a 30 day trial, I'll probably try it out too. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, for editing. I see they have a 30 day trial, I'll probably try it out too. Thanks!
                              I like it because it can be really simple, but you can still do some real cool things. And Youtube is full of good how to videos. It's also pretty cheap for editing software.

Comment

I use shotcut as well. Takes some getting used to, but it's pretty damned solid.

Comment

Working...
                                X