X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS targeting Trump supporters vs 2018

David

Comment

The IRS thinks anyone making above minimum wage but can’t afford a lawyer on permanent retainer is their personal cash cow. My advice find a tacky attorney, meet with that attorney in person, and have them settle it for you. It may cost a bit, but it’s way better than the jack boot thuggery the IRS will use if they don’t get their way. Never talk to them via phone either. Always use the US mail, just like they do.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        The cops are coming to take you to jail.

After losing my job in 2009 I had literally no income as the economy tanked for almost 2 years. I didn't file for 2010 or 2011 as I lived off my savings and credit card (mistake I am still paying for). I had no income and my bank account can verify that...and I also lost my house thanks to Bank of America and the tenants I had that trashed it beyond my ability to repair. Guess I'll deal with it if they decide to ask questions...but without having an income I don't know what exactly I needed to report.
        If you really had no income this was a mistake on your part, they could have easily owed you money, especially if you have kids.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          If you really had no income this was a mistake on your part, they could have easily owed you money, especially if you have kids.
          No kids but 2 dogs which might as well have been (now I'm down to one and she is long for the haul at 13 yrs old).

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            The IRS thinks anyone making above minimum wage but can’t afford a lawyer on permanent retainer is their personal cash cow. My advice find a tacky attorney, meet with that attorney in person, and have them settle it for you. It may cost a bit, but it’s way better than the jack boot thuggery the IRS will use if they don’t get their way. Never talk to them via phone either. Always use the US mail, just like they do.
            Refund wasn't/isn't that big to warrant a lawyer. But I just reviewed the return and there isn't any foreign earned income exclusions on that year. So now I'm going to review 2013 and see if any of my days in 2012 qualify and redo the filing to increase my refund. ...for my troubles and such.

And I use Pattymelt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
              Refund wasn't/isn't that big to warrant a lawyer. But I just reviewed the return and there isn't any foreign earned income exclusions on that year. So now I'm going to review 2013 and see if any of my days in 2012 qualify and redo the filing to increase my refund. ...for my troubles and such.

And I use Pattymelt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              I hope you get your refund and all goes well.

Comment

You do? I would not.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                  I get phone calls weekly that say I'm going to jail because of IRS if I don't call them immediately. Does that count?
                  Me too.

Comment

I just got a letter from the IRS, first one ever, was nervous to open it. I’d overpaid my taxes for 2017 by something like $800, they charged me a $176 penalty for making an incorrect payment, thus reducing what I was being refunded by that amount.

That’s my best IRS story... for now.
                    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                      I just got a letter from the IRS, first one ever, was nervous to open it. I’d overpaid my taxes for 2017 by something like $800, they charged me a $176 penalty for making an incorrect payment, thus reducing what I was being refunded by that amount.

That’s my best IRS story... for now.
                      WTF? You're kidding, right?

Comment

bro. if you have not dealt with the irs, feel great about it.

they are like the wu tang clan. nothing to fuck with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          WTF? You're kidding, right?
                          That’s IRS-speak for “technically we audited your return and we’re charging you $176 for the time it took to see if we could fuck you... so fuck you anyway.”
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            That’s IRS-speak for “technically we audited your return and we’re charging you $176 for the time it took to see if we could fuck you... so fuck you anyway.”
                            Yup.
                            The IRS commonly charges, "Be glad we didn't decide to ruin your life", charges for no legitimate reason.

Comment

Working...
                            X