• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
    Free pizza!!!

David
    Easy to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      i'd use a uni-bit myself, then i'd trial fit it after each step up.

i like a real tight hole though
      I have a few uni-bits but I have been known to destroy a good tight hole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        I am off Thursday through Sunday. You are welcome to come over. We should be working on it all weekend.
        I'm not quite sure what the weekend holds just yet. I may be able to swing by Saturday morning. What time do you get up?
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• I need to stop by as well. I have not seen it in a while. I got several boxes of parts in fir mine, so I also need to get some of that put back together. Hopefully the 750hp, 8500 rpm rods hold together (<-- overkill). They do look neat.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• New toy....well I have had the saw but here is the table that I just now put together and used after having it sitting in a box for 3 years.

A few cuts, a few band clamps and BAM!

Nevermind the blue tape, I am picking up a couple more band clamps tomorrow to replace those two joints.

Just need to make two hangers and she will be ready to go back in so I can start on the over the axle dump.

I thought I had a picture of it in the car with the jack stands holding it up but I don't. Take my word that even though the pipes are 4" in diameter, it tucks very well under the car and clears both the trans crossmember and the torque arm cross member.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
              I need to stop by as well. I have not seen it in a while. I got several boxes of parts in fir mine, so I also need to get some of that put back together. Hopefully the 750hp, 8500 rpm rods hold together (<-- overkill). They do look neat.
              When are you going to drop the new motor in?

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
              I'm not quite sure what the weekend holds just yet. I may be able to swing by Saturday morning. What time do you get up?
              It all depends on what I get done tomorrow and Friday. I am usually up by 10am though.

Left on the punch list:
              Replace the .250" rear wheel spacers with .500" (be here tomorrow from MM)
              Install vent line on fuel tank
              Replace the cam signal wire with a shielded on (be here tomorrow)
              Make a couple exhaust hangers, buy two band clamps and stab the exhaust.
              Change the oil and filter
              Put passenger seat back in
              Fenders, bumpers and front lights

Comment

• Why not weld the sections where you are clamping them? It's got to be cheaper than buying all the clamps.

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                  Why not weld the sections where you are clamping them? It's got to be cheaper than buying all the clamps.
                  I don't own a welder and the clamps make it easier to fit. But yes you are right, those clamps are about $8-10 a piece.

Not that I won't weld them eventually.

I could tape it up and take it in the back of the truck to a muffler shop to have them weld it but if I got it home and installed it only to find it rubbing I would be pissed.

I am just ready to drive it.

Comment

I don't own a welder and the clamps make it easier to fit. But yes you are right, those clamps are about $8-10 a piece.

Not that I won't weld them eventually.

I could tape it up and take it in the back of the truck to a muffler shop to have them weld it but if I got it home and installed it only to find it rubbing I would be pissed.

I am just ready to drive it.
                    If I had access to a truck you could use my MIG..... Needs 220v though.
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                      If I had access to a truck you could use my MIG..... Needs 220v though.
                      David has my truck right now or we could be welding in my laundry room, lol. I am sure my wife would be thrilled.

I think the clamps will be fine for right now. If nothing else a v-band in a few spots would be the absolute best. Maybe later down the road.

Comment

• How are you going to band clamp so close to the bend on that joint? Is there really enough straight pipe there to clamp down on it good?

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                          How are you going to band clamp so close to the bend on that joint? Is there really enough straight pipe there to clamp down on it good?
                          There is a good inch or more of straight on those two joints. Worst case is I have to pull that section and weld it.

Comment

When are you going to drop the new motor in?
                            Checking on the short block, I found that the rods they used are no better than stock 2.3t rods. Hence, taking it apart and adding killer rods. If the motor fails, it will be catastrophic crank failure, but not the rods. I also need to cc the pistons and find the paperwork on the head to make sure I don't have too much static compression. It should not be too long.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                                Last edited by KBScobravert; 09-28-2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X