A Few Pics of My Junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Pics of My Junk

I'm sure a few of you came in looking for dick pics. Sorry to disappoint. I snapped a few photos today for another website, so I figured I'd post them here, too. I've always avoided doing that, for the most part, because I worry about thieves lurking. I'm a long way from any city now, and I'm home all day, so I'm not so worried about that anymore. Anyway, here's a few random shots.

This shows the center console I designed myself to JL air space specs. It's a sealed enclosure holding two JL 12w7s. I would have gone ported if I'd had the room. They're not as loud as the 15s in my Explorer, but they are louder than most people would ever want, and they sound really good. Autosound had the box built using my design (thanks, EW!) and I had PG Custom Upholstery in Haltom City wrap it in vinyl that's a perfect match to the aftermarket leather. They did a killer job - I highly recommend them for anything upholstery-related. Ask for Pedro and tell him Jared sent you.

Not the best pic, but it shows the JL ZR 6.5" components in the kick panels, and JL ZR 8" midbass drivers in custom door pods.

Here is a shot of the four JL amps (2x HD600/4 and 2x HD750/1) and two JL ZR crossovers on a custom amp rack I made and covered myself. One 750/1 powers each sub, and one 600/4 powers the front 6.5 components in an active setup, and the other 600/4 controls the front midbass, also active, and the rear speakers, which are JL C3s using the ZR passive crossovers you see on the rack.

Last one for now. This is the back wall, where I first made, covered, and mounted wood panels into all of the recessed flat parts of the factor panel, so I could then mount the Alpine H701 processor, Sirius tuner, HD radio tuner, power distribution block, two fire extinguishers, two LED Streamlights with extra batteries and charging bases, and a 1500 watt invertor.

I did ALL of the installation myself, and EW at Autosound helped me tremendously getting the processor dialed in just right. There's a ton more to this build, like a hefty electrical system and an ungodly amount of sound deadening. I can post pics of that stuff later if anyone cares to see any of it.

That's pretty badass! I've been out of the toy business for so long that I have no reference for what that would cost and/or sound like.

Comment

Pics of the whole vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        That's pretty badass! I've been out of the toy business for so long that I have no reference for what that would cost and/or sound like.
        I've got a few bucks in it. I probably saved myself 50% by doing the labor myself. It has countless hours in it - many, many days and nights of blood, sweat, and possibly even a few tears. Any shop would have charged me a fortune, but I take a lot of pride knowing I did it myself.

As for sound quality, it's pretty exceptional. Not as much bass as I've had before, but more than enough to be obnoxious if I wanted to be. Most systems that get close to this loud will sound like they are working really hard and it will wear you out after half a song. I can crank this one up and it stays very clear, like it's not breaking a sweat, which translates to less fatigue for your ears. Having plenty of power and a good digital processor helps a lot, and no matter what the haters try to say, using quality JL stuff makes a difference. I also run optical cable from the head unit to the processor, which is kinda trick for those who know.
        Last edited by jluv; 05-27-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Pics of the whole vehicle?
          Here's a couple. It's also my off road toy. Oh, and it's not all that slow, either, for a heavy ass truck. I figure that's better than keeping the hobbies separate and having a whole 'nother money pit. You can see my other money pit in the background of the first pic. That one is for sale, if you know anyone looking for a pimped out Ford Explorer. Lol. That one does me no good up here.

Last edited by jluv; 05-27-2016, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I bet those w7's sound great! I had a w6v2 in my old regular cab s10 and it sounded great. I've always liked the way JL subs sound

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              I bet those w7's sound great! I had a w6v2 in my old regular cab s10 and it sounded great. I've always liked the way JL subs sound

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
              They do sound good. Very tight and smooth. Buttery, almost, if that makes any sense. I sometimes do wish I had the room to run them ported in a bigger enclosure, so they could really pound, but then again, I hardly ever have the opportunity to bang on them like that up here, anyway. I live in such a small, quiet area surrounded by mountains, that if I did crank it here, it would carry through the valley and cause mass hysteria among the locals.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                They do sound good. Very tight and smooth. Buttery, almost, if that makes any sense. I sometimes do wish I had the room to run them ported in a bigger enclosure, so they could really pound, but then again, I hardly ever have the opportunity to bang on them like that up here, anyway. I live in such a small, quiet area surrounded by mountains, that if I did crank it here, it would carry through the valley and cause mass hysteria among the locals.
                I can't remember if my w6 was in a ported box. If I recall, I don't think I had the room for the port. I ran a hollywood 12 in a ported box before that, that thing would get down. Around that same time, I built a ported enclosure for a JL 15 for a friend and we had the roof of his xterra moving about 1/8 of an inch, I thought we were going to blow the back glass out of that thing.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  I can't remember if my w6 was in a ported box. If I recall, I don't think I had the room for the port. I ran a hollywood 12 in a ported box before that, that thing would get down. Around that same time, I built a ported enclosure for a JL 15 for a friend and we had the roof of his xterra moving about 1/8 of an inch, I thought we were going to blow the back glass out of that thing.
                  I have two Alpine Type R 15s in that Explorer, in a ported box - 7cubes at 33hz. It's absurdly absurd.

Comment

Sweet man looks good! Those jl amps pack a punch for such a small frame. Their 1500s are the same size too lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's a couple. You can see my other money pit in the background of the first pic. That one is for sale, if you know anyone looking for a pimped out Ford Explorer. Lol. That one does me no good up here.

It's come a long way though!
                      Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Ha! Wow.

Comment

Fact: bass scares bears off.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ha! Wow.
                            I remember flatting on those sharp rocks on the drive up the mountain. Hard to believe that's been about 8 years ago. Glad to be coming back!
                            Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                              I remember flatting on those sharp rocks on the drive up the mountain. Hard to believe that's been about 8 years ago. Glad to be coming back!
                              The first year Lea and I went up was the year after you went with him, and we heard all about the flat tires! That had to really blow. Luckily (knock wood) we all have appropriate vehicles (and tires) for the loop now. lol

That first year we took a 2wd F350 crew cab.. lol. Had a hell of a time starting it each morning, like 20 min. Also got stuck in the parking spot a Jared's spot one day due to rain. Luckily Adam was there with his 4wd Silverado and was able to pull us out.

Comment

Working...
                              X