X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
    [/IMG]

I just really love this look, minus these hideoustail lights lol
    Hah, and I don't mind the tail lights, though I probably wouldn't install them myself. I do see where you're going though. Those are the least-objectionable parts of the whole Eleanore thing. I'd personally admire someone who pieced together their own thing, even if it's using Eleanor parts to realize a greater vision as opposed to a copy of the copy of a clone.

Comment

Gah but this just looks SO good lol
      Well, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder and all that. But I think that car is failing because of the dumpy hood, lack of a front bumper and the genital warts that are molded in next to the headlights. lol

It's like a girl with a hot body and a tragic overbite.

Comment

• More spot welds, more rust lol. Got half of the rear panel now.

Other side to come. Just can’t believe how much rust is under all of this seem sealer. Just not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I do not care for the Eleanor.
          I would rather "California Special" it

Comment

• I just don’t want a “clone” of anything. I feel like adding a Shelby hood and bumper and whatnot is kind of like throwing GT500 stripes down the side. The Eleanor kit isn’t really (to me) saying that the car is something it isn’t. The body kit is great, it’s more appearance than performance and functionality. I dunno, maybe I’m wrong lol. I’ve just always loved the body kit for the car. But I will make the car my own of course, I’ll be sticking to the stock 67 tail lamps , using LED as much as I can and doing more modern stuff here and there.

Comment

• Your car do what you want.

Just don't screw up on wheels, tires and stance. Then we will jump your shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                your car do what you want.

l.o.l
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  Your car do what you want.

Hahaha yes yes , my plan was to do some FR500s, 17s or 18s. Not too sure yet, in Black with a machined lip.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    Well, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder and all that. But I think that car is failing because of the dumpy hood, lack of a front bumper and the genital warts that are molded in next to the headlights. lol

It's like a girl with a hot body and a tragic overbite.

Damn, you must hate my car lol
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                      Damn, you must hate my car lol
                      Hah, no. While the 65-66 R model front valance isn't my favorite, it works better than the Eleanor situation because the hood doesn't overhang as much on a 5-6 as it does on a 7-8. The Eleanor bump-hood does suck though.

Don't get me wrong, I do hate you, but I'm cool with the car for the most part.

Comment

• Some inspiration?

IMO crisp styled '60s cars with swoopy body kits and tinted glass are conflicted. Sidepipes are a race car thing and should look the part. Like this!

At the end of the day it's your car and your budget, do whatever you like!
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Dang, the R model front apron really works on that copper one. Delete the pony/corrall and bars on that thing and throw me the keys. Killer stance too.

Edit: and of course, the Trans Am look is solid. I would have to run a front bumper though. A fiberglass one would be perfect middle ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            Some inspiration?

IMO crisp styled '60s cars with swoopy body kits and tinted glass are conflicted. Sidepipes are a race car thing and should look the part. Like this!

At the end of the day it's your car and your budget, do whatever you like!

Damn those are some sweet examples. I like the primer car a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                              Dang, the R model front apron really works on that copper one. Delete the pony/corrall and bars on that thing and throw me the keys. Killer stance too.

Edit: and of course, the Trans Am look is solid. I would have to run a front bumper though. A fiberglass one would be perfect middle ground.

Man I do love that r model balance. I also thought about going that route with the Shelby side scoops and the Shelby tail stuff. I do like the Shelby hood too.

Comment

Damn those are some sweet examples. I like the primer car a lot.
                                For reference, the hood on that primer car is an aftermarket piece that combines the 67 Shelby scoop with the 68 Shelby louvers.

BTW, whenever possible, I (and a lot of other people) start with NPD for parts. I have ordered from other places with mixed results, but NPD is top notch. Also, and I know this sounds arcane, but I prefer to call them to order things. Their people are super knowledgable and have saved me from getting the wrong part, forgetting a companion part, or advised on parts that come in "budget" and "best repro" variants. They also stock everything they sell, where most other parts places do drop shipping from the manufacturer, which can and has caused delay headaches.

Also, Rick, the owner of NPD posts on the VMF and he is as classy as it comes.

I only posted the CJ link because I don't think NPD carries that hood variant. FWIW, they do also have a version that uses the Shelby scoop but fits the Mustang grille.

Edit: Also, you may already know this, but just in case, the Shelby front end and hood are different (longer) than the Mustang parts. They don't mix together. So you could do a full Shelby front, or keep the mustang grille and headlight buckets and use the R model front apron and either a stock hood, or the hood with stock dimensions that has the Shelby scoop on it. That copper car is set up like that.
                                Last edited by BLAKE; 07-20-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X