The NASCAR I fell in love with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    There was a drastic change that came about in the years after Sr. died. the '01 Daytona 500 was pretty much the last race I watched.
    For me it was probably when the Car of Tomorrow came out. That was ugly and for a while all the cars looked the same. This new generation car looks good, but outside of the 2014 package, it's been boring.

I got to watch a bit of Dover on Monday cause work was a bit slow. Wow, that was a boring race. The Xfinity races and the Truck races that Kyle Busch aren't in are better.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

I started getting turned off in the mid 90's when I saw that they seem to be rigging the races. The Ford Thunderbirds were kicking ass, so NASCAR started handicapping them so that the Chevy's and Pontiacs could keep up. Yet, when the Chevy's started winning, they didn't do anything. After that, they started manipulating the rules more and more to keep everyone competitive and it all became too commercial and synthetic. That's how they've ruined the sport for me. Just let them race.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
        I started getting turned off in the mid 90's when I saw that they seem to be rigging the races. The Ford Thunderbirds were kicking ass, so NASCAR started handicapping them so that the Chevy's and Pontiacs could keep up. Yet, when the Chevy's started winning, they didn't do anything. After that, they started manipulating the rules more and more to keep everyone competitive and it all became too commercial and synthetic. That's how they've ruined the sport for me. Just let them race.
        I've been watching Indycar more as of late.
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

should try making a living dealing with all those sanctioning bodies listed above.............
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

took my drug test yesterday to do a start and park on friday...... oh how the empire has stumbled, digging in the bottom of the barrel now. lol
            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
              took my drug test yesterday to do a start and park on friday...... oh how the empire has stumbled, digging in the bottom of the barrel now. lol
              For those of us that are behind on the lingo...can you explain what this means?

Comment

the teams need the field to be full, 32 trucks, to get the tv money. There weren’t enough trucks to fill the field as of friday, so i got a call to take a green flag, run 3 laps and park it. as of today, 2 more trucks have entered so i may be relieved of my duties lol
                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Thanks for the translation. I never would have figured that out on my own, lol.

Comment

Same here. that's crazy, so do they just keep extra trucks around or are you driving some ones back up truck?

Comment

Working...
                    X