1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    For reference, the hood on that primer car is an aftermarket piece that combines the 67 Shelby scoop with the 68 Shelby louvers.

BTW, whenever possible, I (and a lot of other people) start with NPD for parts. I have ordered from other places with mixed results, but NPD is top notch. Also, and I know this sounds arcane, but I prefer to call them to order things. Their people are super knowledgable and have saved me from getting the wrong part, forgetting a companion part, or advised on parts that come in "budget" and "best repro" variants. They also stock everything they sell, where most other parts places do drop shipping from the manufacturer, which can and has caused delay headaches.

Also, Rick, the owner of NPD posts on the VMF and he is as classy as it comes.

I only posted the CJ link because I don't think NPD carries that hood variant. FWIW, they do also have a version that uses the Shelby scoop but fits the Mustang grille.

Edit: Also, you may already know this, but just in case, the Shelby front end and hood are different (longer) than the Mustang parts. They don't mix together. So you could do a full Shelby front, or keep the mustang grille and headlight buckets and use the R model front apron and either a stock hood, or the hood with stock dimensions that has the Shelby scoop on it. That copper car is set up like that.

I’m not a huge fan of the combo. But I do like just the regular Shelby style hood without those louvers, I’ve always been a fan of that style , that good plus the valance would be sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I actually like this hood too

Comment

• Yeah the 68 takes the changes even further. Notice how the hood no longer creates the leading edge of the front of the car. The 68 is cool in its own way, but I personally prefer the 67.

Comment

Yeah the 68 takes the changes even further. Notice how the hood no longer creates the leading edge of the front of the car. The 68 is cool in its own way, but I personally prefer the 67.

Oh yeah right. I didn’t even notice that on the bumper/hood setup where the line is.

Comment

• View our online inventory of 65' to 70' classic Mustang parts that are often compatible with OEM parts. We restore & build classic Mustangs!
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Well on my way here. Still have to drill some spot welds from the trans runner crossmember to remove the rest of the floor. Then I gotta get the rocker panel sides of the old floor pan off, probably got some grinding to do since all of the welding was SHEET!, once the floors out, I can move up to the foot part of the firewall on both sides to figure out how much I have to cut and how much rust I have to grind lol.

Comment

• Jeez man. Pretty severe. Though I have heard from multiple sources that if it's that far gone, a full floor pan replacement is much better/easier than trying to do several patches. Better final product too. Keep at it!

Comment

Jeez man. Pretty severe. Though I have heard from multiple sources that if it's that far gone, a full floor pan replacement is much better/easier than trying to do several patches. Better final product too. Keep at it!

Luckily from right there at the rear where the front floor pan ends, there not much else going wrong towards the rear into the trunk, atleast nothing I can see yet, but I think I’ll be ok going rearwards.

This is the floor pan I bought for the replacement. And then I got the 2 extensions to the firewall.

Comment

• I know I’m a long ways away from putting seats in, but I found these guys on OfferUp for 40 bucks. Figured I couldn’t pass these up with the frames being in such great shape. Just gotta get some new covers for them. Thought I did pretty well finding these.

Comment

• You're so lucky you can buy all that stuff reproduction! I've build a few car from yards and ebay... what a pain in the ass!

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                        I know I’m a long ways away from putting seats in, but I found these guys on OfferUp for 40 bucks. Figured I couldn’t pass these up with the frames being in such great shape. Just gotta get some new covers for them. Thought I did pretty well finding these.
                        New covers, foam, some burlap and twice as many hog rings as you think you need. Been there done that.

Comment

• Nice score on the seats!

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          New covers, foam, some burlap and twice as many hog rings as you think you need. Been there done that.
                          Yup. This exactly.

Comment

Nice score on the seats!

Yup. This exactly.

Yeah, gonna start looking into the upholstery stuff soon and see what I can get. I’ll be looking around for a back seat next. Hopefully I can find another score like this that’s pretty decent.

Comment

• Gonna grind and grind this torque box. Doesn’t look too terrible. I think I can salvage it. There are no rust through spots Wich is good. Gotta get all of the crap out of the rails and then try and coat it. So far so good. About to hopefully get these pans in for the floor extensions.

Comment

• Rear pretty much ready to get back going. From I’m gonna have to get stuff mocked up and cut out. Gonna pick up some costing tomorrow for the inside of the front rails.

Comment

Working...
                                X