Opening at my new company, software/security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening at my new company, software/security

I just started a new gig Monday, so far I really like this place. laid back, free lunches Wednesdays, wear jeans to work, hours sorta suck, 7 to 4, not use to getting up so early! Anyway, if you have experience in networking, security and/or Linux and Oracle, give it a shot! I can say that the health insurance is pretty cheap too, like less per month than I paid in 1 pay cycle at my last 2 jobs, with a $250 deductible.

It's in Irving, just off 114 a little east of DFW airport.

• At least 3 years working with Security and/or Network related products.
    • Excellent Customer Support skills coupled with a Bachelor’s degree in a technology field or equivalent experience.
    • Solid experience working with Internet Security and Networking Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, Proxies and Firewalls and experience with Relational Databases (MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2).
    • Prior experience with Linux.
    • Individual motivation, but team orientation and able to work effectively with little supervision.
    • Excellent problem solving and communication skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
    • Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new software applications

I configured my dlink router, sounds like an excellent fit!
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Let me know when they need a VP or Executive Director

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        Let me know when they need a VP or Executive Director
        Hell, I know Citi has a bunch of those openings, I left a VP gig to take this job!

Oh yeah, and NO OT, they leave promptly at 4 PM. Yesterday I was still at my desk, and at 4:03 the lights got turned off!

Comment

Are they looking for all of those qualities? I'm good with networking, firewalls, proxies (even more so if they're Cisco products), and Citrix load balancers.. but not so much SQL and Linux. I typically install SQL and then hand it over to the DBA.

Comment

I'm going over to Abecx sometime in the distant future for a MySQL intro class.

You can pretty much lock me in for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by craizie View Post
              i'm going over to abecx sometime in the distant future for a mysql intro class.

hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                Are they looking for all of those qualities? I'm good with networking, firewalls, proxies (even more so if they're Cisco products), and Citrix load balancers.. but not so much SQL and Linux. I typically install SQL and then hand it over to the DBA.
                Do not need all, but the more exposure to different areas the better. I eill pm you my email tonight if you wanna send me a resume to submit

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I'm going over to Abecx sometime in the distant future for a MySQL intro class.

In the interview process,just mention his name, he is that well known. Instant lock for any computer job!

Comment

Not my cup of tea, but let's grab lunch sometime, Rob! I'm at Royal and Beltline, just north of 114.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    Do not need all, but the more exposure to different areas the better. I eill pm you my email tonight if you wanna send me a resume to submit

In the interview process,just mention his name, he is that well known. Instant lock for any computer job!
                    I mentioned SVO855 and they want me as CEO.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      I mentioned SVO855 and they want me as CEO.

I thought it was MFCEO?

Comment

Working...
                      X