No announcement yet.

I need some help picking out my new gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are tons of guns you can look for that you want. Basically you want a saftey. I love my XDs. Also you can look into a berretta 92fs, great gun and has a safety. Theirs tons out there really.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
      There are tons of guns you can look for that you want. Basically you want a saftey. I love my XDs. Also you can look into a berretta 92fs, great gun and has a safety. Theirs tons out there really.
      The beretta is an excellent gun and I swear by mine, but it is a huge pistol. It would be impossible for most people to conceal, but it would make an excellent dresser drawer gun.

Mach, are you the guy on "the other site" who recently bought a 92fs?
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by XR_1 View Post
        Not sure what single or dual action is

Also is a decocker similar to a safety?
        Single-action is when you pull the trigger to release the hammer or striker when it is cocked.

Double-action is when the gun cycles to the rest position after every shot, making the trigger pull long and heavy each time.

My FNP is a combination of both Single-action/Double-action (DA/SA). First shot can be single or double, but follow up shots are single unless the decocking lever is used.

A decocker will drop the hammer without having to work the trigger or the hammer. It's a nice feature if you plan on keeping it condition one (cocked and locked).

Comment

I have always trusted my glock 19 or 32 to keep me safe. I always keep it loaded with one in the bang tube. Lots of people don't like the fact that it has no external safeties, but as long as you keep your finger off the trigger it will not fire. I think you just need to shoot your gun more often and become more comfortable with it. HK makes most of their guns with an external safety and a de-cocker and their loaded chamber indicator is easily visible.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            The beretta is an excellent gun and I swear by mine, but it is a huge pistol. It would be impossible for most people to conceal, but it would make an excellent dresser drawer gun.

Mach, are you the guy on "the other site" who recently bought a 92fs?
            I think he is looking for a dresser drawer type gun and not a conceal carry. Wasn't me, my s/n is Machx2 on the other site also. I traded for mine a little bit ago and love it. Great gun.

Comment

The Sig isn't going to go off unless something makes it go off. I hear that a lot about Glocks as well. A gun with a magazine not in it and not chambered is nothing but a cool looking paper weight. Don't be afraid of your weapon. Respect it and be confident with yourself.

Oh ya, please... please, please, PLEASE let's all make a collective effort to call those little cartridges that hold ammo magazines or mags. Hell, call them "bullet holders" for all I care. Anything but clips. UGH!

Comment

i carry my "no safety" M&P chambered 24/7, i also carry full cyl revolvers. keep your booger hook off the bang switch and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                  i carry my "no safety" M&P chambered 24/7, i also carry full cyl revolvers. keep your booger hook off the bang switch and you'll be fine.
                  You carry to bed? That's hardcore man...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                    You never know when you'll need it....

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                      You put yours away somewhere? It's not strapped on mt, but it stay within reach in bed. Right next to me on the counter when I take a shower or shit. In church or anywhere that won't pat me down (even some 30.06 places, just by "accident").

Comment

Originally posted by XR_1 View Post
                        Well I am going to be shopping for a new gun to carry around (of course with my CHL)

I already have a SigSauer P250 9mm w/ sights
                        which I love but I am always scared its going to go off since there is no safety
                        I have it in my closet w/ the clip outside the gun

Well anyways I almost had to use it yesterday ....
                        I hated getting the gun and clip out of the holster putting it together and cocking it (took forever)

I prefer to have a gun that is loaded ready to use and press the safety and go (I think I will like to have it cocked but not sure)

I am by no means a gun expert, more like a gun rookie
                        I took many classes using rifles when I was in Boy Scouts but thats about it

Give me some thoughts and suggestions

You should look at the Smith & Wesson Airweight revolver. They are very easy to carry and conceal.

Comment

You just need to be more confident. A good holster helps. I have carried chambered and ready to fire since day 1 and am perfectly comfortable with it. If you truly need it. You won't have time to stop turn the safety off and rack the slide.

Look into something like the xd with a grip safety. It will relieve some of your nervousness. Read on slickdeals of a shop selling the xd40 subcompact for $418

Comment

really all the suggestions so far are good ones. It's a matter of what you feel comfortable with. I have an M&Pc that I carry, and it has a safety. There are M&P models that don't. I don't carry with the safety on though. I also have a full size XD. It has a backstrap and trigger safety. IMO it's a better set up than one you need to click off.

It was for the best not going to the neighbors. If you're not defending your life, or a life of a family member, I vote on being a witness. Give the pd all the info you can.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              You just need to be more confident. A good holster helps. I have carried chambered and ready to fire since day 1 and am perfectly comfortable with it. If you truly need it. You won't have time to stop turn the safety off and rack the slide.
                              My Sigma .40 doesn't have a safety and I can rack the slide in a heart beat. I usually don't keep one chambered.

Comment

Working...
                              X