Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
    Oh my good christ .....
    What you think she is sexy too? I called dibs first!

Comment

The blade best I can tell is stainless steel. It has had a scratch and not rusted.

I didn't ask about cutting shit or advice in using real swords for training. But thanks anyway.

As stated I am more interested in sharpening different types of steel swords. As well as the types of steels used for such.

I found this link, has some good info similar to what Jedi was talking about - http://www.stenudd.com/aikibatto/shinken.htm

Here's a link if anyone cares to some sword sharpening techinques/info - http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/sharpen-swords.html

"DO get some practice on a cheap stainless steel wall hanger before attempting to sharpen a more valuable sword. You will probably destroy the geometry of the first few blades you try and sharpen – so it's better to get your practice in with something less than valuable."
      WRX

Comment

You'll need to get more detail on the metal...there are many different kinds of stainless that can determine hardness and how brittle or ductile it is. Positive Materials Identification testing is a non-destructive method but you'll spend more on the test than the blade is worth. Readup on the diff types of stainless and you'll see what i mean.

Heres a link to bugei in case you are interested in the other side of the spectrum: http://bugei.com/katana-6-ctg.htm

Comment

for gods sake stop quoting the picture lol.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
            for gods sake stop quoting the picture lol.
            lmao

Comment

I will not be quoting the pic but that is nasty and funny and sad all rolled (pun intended) into one. **shivers***

Dude using a sword to defend yourself is like bringing a toothpick to a gun fight. Teach them how to defend with a knife, like a folder. Something practical. Are you trying to raise ninjas or something. But you better teach them responsibility, integrity, honesty and kindness first. You might get Menendez’d the first time you take away their light sabers.

How old are these little warriors?

Ditch the display sword or oh I don’t know, display it maybe?

Then again I have no sword skills or kids. I use 00 and two boxer dogs.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I only use Hattori Hanzo steel

Comment

Zed's dead baby

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                    Zed's dead baby
                    fuck.yes.
                    Last edited by grove rat; 11-26-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

why did i click on this thread...
                      now my eyes need bleach

Comment

Working...
                      X