Looking into a new AR, caliber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    How many of those you have seen shot were done so at closer than 3 yards?
    dont know, never had the pleasure of bein that close to kill one. all my shots/kills have been 75+ meters. i might only be an 88m but im also attached to an infantry battalion with a job more than the basic POG. been that way for a while and i love it. i do more infantry shit than driving lol
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
      dont know, never had the pleasure of bein that close to kill one. all my shots/kills have been 75+ meters. i might only be an 88m but im also attached to an infantry battalion with a job more than the basic POG. been that way for a while and i love it. i do more infantry shit than driving lol
      Is that driving a HET?

11B gets dirty. Be careful what you wish for. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Is that driving a HET?

11B gets dirty. Be careful what you wish for. LOL
        no lol what i meant was, yes, i'm an 88m (truck driver) but since im attached to an infantry battalion, i do more infantry shit than i do truck driving. i like it
        sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

I would be hesitant to get a 6.8 or a .50 beowulf, as I believe they may be fad calibers.

223/5.56 will always be around, and ammo is plentiful and cheap. It is also easy to reload and there is tons of data out there. The low recoil is also attractive to new shooters or those who are interested in a carbine or 3 gun competition.

Also, as the years pass, more and more surplus ammo will be avaliable.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
            I've seen what 27 rounds of. .223 out of a Styer AUG will do to a woman at a distance of under 3 yards. It decapitated her and was quite grotesque. She was sitting in her car when her ex-boyfriend waited for her to come home and ambushed her in her parking space.

Comment

Humans are too easy to kill. We're all water and fat, and our vitals are all up front and exposed. We're probably just a little harder to kill then a coyote. Only because we're 3x the mass.
              IMG_0424

Comment

Working...
              X