going from iP4 to Galaxy SIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

biggest difference to me so far..... autocorrect

I had no idea how much my iP4 corrected things I type like "dsy" and corrected it to "day". Apparently I'm a horrible typist

Comment

If you prefer tapping, I recommend Swift Key X, otherwise Swype it's where it's at for speed. The catch with Swype is the learning curve of getting past tapping.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Love swift key x. One of the very few apps I paid for.
        2014 GT
        2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

ok, got Swift Key 3. MUCH better. Crazy how bad the standard keyboard is.

Comment

You'll trip art the prediction accuracy after a while, it's almost spooky.

Comment

Swiftkey will soon have a swype-like feature.

Comment

ok, I'm officailly converted from iOS to Android. That being said, I can see why some people prefer iPhone and can't blame them. iOS is much more "no nonsense" and I can also see how Android nerds get a complex over iOS users.

Comment

If you'd like the ability to block certain apps from accessing the internet, I suggest looking into Avast.

Comment

Also, which ROM and recovery did you settle on?

One more thing, check into Cerberus. You'll thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Also, which ROM and recovery did you settle on?

One more thing, check into Cerberus. You'll thank me later.

I used the Snapdragon stuff to root my S3. Haven't got a recovery or a ROM on this device yet. To be honest, I was/am scared LOL.

I did the Kindle this morning and it's not so bad once you get the hang of it. I used TWRP recovery and CM10 ROM on the Kindle. I like it so far.

Comment

Should you decide to Rom your phone, take extra precaution to back up your efs folder. There have been lots of reports of people losing that and losing the IMEI of their S3.

Comment

So in iOS being jailbroken with Cydia and/or Installous, I could get apps that cost $9.99(or any other amount for that matter) in the App Store for no cost. Anything like that for Android?

Comment

While I can't/won't encourage warez, Getjar offers some like that.

Comment

So.... I loaded CM10 and "lost" all my contacts and had to add all my email accounts and whatnot back in. I assume I did something wrong and I won't lose everything every time I try a new ROM. CM10 is working as it should and functions properly.

What did I do wrong?

Comment

Two things every ROM flasher must do and have, make a nandroid(system image) first and but Titanium Backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X