No announcement yet.

going from iP4 to Galaxy SIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do/did you have sync and background data on?
    That enables your contacts to be backed up to your Gmail acct.

If you made a nandroid, do it again from your current Rom, restore your old one, dl TiBu Pro, backup all user apps and system data, reboot again into recovery and restore the nandroid from CM10, install TiBu again and restore your stuffs.
    Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

so now what? go back to my backup and re-do the new ROM after I make a Nandroid?

Comment

Nandroid CM,restore TW/stock nandroid, after making the backup within TiBu from your old rom, you'll restore your CM nandroid then restore your stuff from within TiBu.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Nandroid CM,restore TW/stock nandroid, after making the backup within TiBu from your old rom, you'll restore your CM nandroid then restore your stuff from within TiBu.

Just, for the love of God, don't restore system data. Only restore missing apps with data, or all apps with data.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
            Just, for the love of God, don't restore system data. Only restore missing apps with data, or all apps with data.
            While that's a universal rule and you should never just restore system data carte blanche, you can selectively restore some stuff without problems.

Sorry for not stating it though, I assumed he'd read it in the Rom flashing instructions.

Comment

lmao... I just went back to my backed up stock ROM

seems like I have a lot of reading to do

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                lmao... I just went back to my backed up stock ROM

My offer via Pm stands.

Comment

My offer via Pm stands.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out. I would still be reading about what I did wrong and would probably be on my phone all weekend trying to get everything straightened out.

Comment

While that's a universal rule and you should never just restore system data carte blanche, you can selectively restore some stuff without problems.

Sorry for not stating it though, I assumed he'd read it in the Rom flashing instructions.

I just want to make sure, I've done it a few times without thinking, and hated having to reflash and start all over again, ha.

Comment

i had a SIII for a whole minute, and the antenna sucked fucking balls. Had NO signal at my house, where my evo 4G had full bars. kept it for 4 days and realized the phone was fucking shit and sent it back. Guess I'll stick with the trusty ole Evo until something with a decent signal comes out.
                      http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

My s3 is the biggest pos phone ive ever had haha. Drops calls constantly, randomly blacks out and need the battery taken out and rebooted(apparently this is common).

I still like it, but my old droid incredible had a better web browser, keyboard, basically everything except screen size.

Comment

or you can get a ip5 and live your life instead of fucking with your phone all the time ???
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out. I would still be reading about what I did wrong and would probably be on my phone all weekend trying to get everything straightened out.

My pleasure to help.

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                            i had a SIII for a whole minute, and the antenna sucked fucking balls. Had NO signal at my house, where my evo 4G had full bars. kept it for 4 days and realized the phone was fucking shit and sent it back. Guess I'll stick with the trusty ole Evo until something with a decent signal comes out.

I've read this multiple times with Sprint, but only Sprint. Must be their problem.

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                            or you can get a ip5 and live your life instead of fucking with your phone all the time ???
                            Lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                              My s3 is the biggest pos phone ive ever had haha. Drops calls constantly, randomly blacks out and need the battery taken out and rebooted(apparently this is common).

I still like it, but my old droid incredible had a better web browser, keyboard, basically everything except screen size.
                              Tell your carrier, most companies will send you another phone under warranty for a small fee if it's fucking up like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                                Trust me, and I fucked with my ip4 a shit ton. Jail broken and modified heavily. Just a learning curve going from one platform to another.

Comment

Working...
                                X