what 12ga shotgun to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    A saiga with 3 rounds in it would cost you more than just about every shotgun mentioned, and it isn't half the gun any one of them would be for dove hunting.
    See. Oh I didn't fully read his question I just skimmed over it. Shit a 20 round drum and bump fire. Be droppin like their hot. Wait is that illegal?
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      See. Oh I didn't fully read his question I just skimmed over it. Shit a 20 round drum and bump fire. Be droppin like their hot. Wait is that illegal?
      I'll give you 20 to do that at a skeet range....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        So spend twice as much on a gun for what benefit?
        Twice as much? Unless the prices have soared in the last year, then the browning should be around $800...
        And the benefit is getting a high quality shotgun that will last his lifetime and then some...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Twice as much? Unless the prices have soared in the last year, then the browning should be around $800...
          And the benefit is getting a high quality shotgun that will last his lifetime and then some...
          1, if you have proof the others don't have the same usable life I'd love to see it

2, if you think he will come close to the usable life, I like to know what you're basing it on

3, I haven't seen the browning for under 899

Im only putting it like this because People need to drop the stigma that you HAVE to spend more or it's a bad choice. He wants to stay under 600, suggesting more instead of a reasonable alternative as if the current options suck is crazy. We're talking shotguns not precision rifles or carry weapons.

Comment

I got my silver on sale for 600. Deals can be found

Comment

Originally posted by wayne fontenot View Post
              I got my silver on sale for 600. Deals can be found
              When where and what condition?

Show me one!

Comment

And in my search for a $600 Browning, this was one of the first results...

Lifetime Quality huh?

Comment

I have a beretta al391 teknys, but my friend's Winchester super x2 was about half the price and is a great gun. I couldn't believe how smooth it felt, especially compared to another friend's Remington 1187...that thing felt clunky. Although, this guy isn't known for taking care of his guns, so it probably wasnt a fair comparison.

Comment

When where and what condition?

Show me one!
                    last fall, cash america pawn in denton, never fired excellent condition.. they get them from a distributer from time to time.

Comment

The Franchi is known to have cycling problems on light loads, same issue Benelli M2's can have.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I got a new stoeger m2000 for 409, put a $40 limbsaver on It and love it. I would strongly suggest one if you want to save. Buy a newer model ad make sure to break it in right.

If you have a few weeks to wait, I can meet you at elm fork and let you play with it early march.

As you already know...fit and feel is the most important...
                        did your m2000 come with the shims?

I really don't want to "spend a little more" cause that can easily add a couple hundred more when you factor in taxes and such. So far here's the potentials...

Weatherby SA-08 $539 - don't know much about their shotguns but their 30.06 is an awesome rifle.
                        Stoeger m3000 $529 (leaning towards this)
                        used higher-priced guns - pending price and availability

What's an optimal barrel length? 24" 26" or 28"

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          did your m2000 come with the shims?

I really don't want to "spend a little more" cause that can easily add a couple hundred more when you factor in taxes and such. So far here's the potentials...

Weatherby SA-08 $539 - don't know much about their shotguns but their 30.06 is an awesome rifle.
                          Stoeger m3000 $529 (leaning towards this)
                          used higher-priced guns - pending price and availability

What's an optimal barrel length? 24" 26" or 28"
                          No it didn't have a shim pack

You can still find quite a few M2000s new for 449 at dicks and other sporting good stores. I suspect the 3000 is just a more updated version.

Barrel length is again about feel. Do you want a faster swinging barrel, weight savings, smoother swing...etc. barrel length will play a role in follow through.

Comment

Weatherby shotguns used to be contracted, from what I remember Charles Daily semi was the exact same.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I bit the bullet yesterday and picked up the Stoeger m3500! Drove out to BP in Garland and then stopped by Elm Fork and went through two boxes of shells.

It still needs some break-in and probably some adjustment with my shooting style. Towards the last box, it seemed to not want to feed the next round about 75% of the time and on the last round the ejection port would not stay open. A buddy would shoot it and it cycled flawlessly. I'd hold it into my shoulder ALOT tighter than I would my pump and it worked like it should so I'm guessing I'm just not holding it tight enough. I'm not sure if i can reduce the recoil tension or not. Over all though, the gun feels good and not as heavy as I recall other semi-auto's to be. My next plans are to look into adjusting the cast and drop. it also came with some weight looking thing that's threaded on one end, gotta look into that.

Out the door was $580ish. MSRP on Stoeger's website is $629. I would have stuck with the m3000 if they had any but I didn't feel like driving all over town looking for it and since this was under my budget I went for it.

Comment

1) did you do a pre-shot tear down, clean, and oil

2) were you shooting target loads or heavier loads? The first 100-200 rounds should be heavy loads for proper break in. This goes for all ID systems to my knowledge.

Glad to hear you came in under budget!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X