Homeowner’s son kills 3 burglars with an AR-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeowner’s son kills 3 burglars with an AR-15

Justice served..... and saved tax payers some money!

Three would-be robbers were shot and killed Monday when an Oklahoma homeowner's son opened fire on them with an AR-15, authorities said.

Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars
    Three would-be robbers were shot and killed Monday when an Oklahoma homeowner's son opened fire on them with an AR-15, authorities said.

Wagoner County sheriff's deputies were called to the home in Broken Arrow, southeast of Tulsa at around 12:30 p.m. local time. When they arrived, they found the three dead suspects and two uninjured residents.

Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Nick Mahoney said the suspects enetered the home through a glass back door with the intent to burglarize it. It was not immediately clear why they picked that home.

Mahoney said the suspects encountered the homeowner's 19-year-old son, who opened fire after an exchange of words. Two of the suspects died in the home's kitchen while a third was found in the driveway.

It was not immediately clear whether the suspects were armed, but Mahoney said the preliminary investigation indicated the shootings were in self-defense. The homeowner's son volunteered to give a statement at the sheriff's office.

This is very, very unusual for us [in Wagoner County]," Mahoney told the Tulsa World. "It's not something we're used to."

B..b..b..b..but AR is weapon of war! It has no place in civilian hands!

The OKC link doesn't mention the AR. =/
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Sounds like a good shoot to me. Dont break into people's homes and they won't kill you.

Comment

Suspects parent's "They was only fooling about"

19 year old son "I wasn't"

Comment

Sounds like it was very effective self defense tool.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Dont break into people's homes and they won't kill you.
            This seems perfectly reasonable to me.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Comment

Driver turned herself in and is charged with three counts of 1st degree burglary and 1st degree murder?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  Driver turned herself in and is charged with three counts of 1st degree burglary and 1st degree murder?
                  The dumb bitch should have just kept on driving. My money says she will get life over this. I wonder the nationality of the dead.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Doubt the murder charges will stick and would bet the 1st degree burglary charges will be reduced. Depending on priors I highly doubt she'll do any real time.

Comment

While I'm definitely not complaining about the charges....This always baffles me when a completely different person gets charged for what the others did. I mean, she was the driver. Wouldn't some sort of assistant to a crime sound more logical?

<----not a legal expert

Comment

Doubt the murder charges will stick and would bet the 1st degree burglary charges will be reduced. Depending on priors I highly doubt she'll do any real time.
                        They will stick. They could even charge her with capital murder if they felt like it. OK has the same law as TX for this type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          While I'm definitely not complaining about the charges....This always baffles me when a completely different person gets charged for what the others did. I mean, she was the driver. Wouldn't some sort of assistant to a crime sound more logical?

<----not a legal expert
                          Me neither, but I can't see any jury convicting her of murder when she didn't kill anyone especially with intent. She's not responsible for the three going into the house and dying. It's also possible her attorney could argue that she had no idea what the motive of the three were. Not saying she didn't know, but it surely can be contested.

Comment

Me neither, but I can't see any jury convicting her of murder when she didn't kill anyone especially with intent. She's not responsible for the three going into the house and dying. It's also possible her attorney could argue that she had no idea what the motive of the three were. Not saying she didn't know, but it surely can be contested.
                            I believe they can charge the deaths of their accomplices on surviving accomplices.

Comment

They can charge her for anything and everything. The question is will it stick...

Comment

Working...
                              X