Optics for my first rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optics for my first rifle

Headed out to the gun show tomorrow to hopefully land a good deal on a lefty Remington 700. College budget so dont have the cash for anything badass like a Leupold, but definitely want some bang for the buck. How much should I expect to spend on some decent quality optics? Also, any brands/models to look for or steer away from?

Slide by the SWFA table, if they've got one at that show. I can't say enough good things about that shop. Hell, threefingerpete on here has bought a ton of scopes from them. You might look the sample list over before you go, and ask them about those scopes when you get there. Sometimes they'll be able to work you a deal if you know what you're looking for. Good luck, man! swfa.com & samplelist.com
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Thanks

If it helps, I'm going with a .308

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        Thanks

If it helps, I'm going with a .308
        It does not help me at all. Take your time and talk to the dudes at the show, tell them what you want to use the rifle for, have cash ready, and be ready to walk if they act like they're just trying to sell you something.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Got a Savage Model 111 in .308 today with a Redfield 2x-7x scope for a pretty good price. I'm just gonna run with this until I know better. Time to get to the range

Comment

Ditched the Redfield and got a Nikon Buckmaster 3x-9x 40

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              Ditched the Redfield and got a Nikon Buckmaster 3x-9x 40
              Much better, isn't it? The nikon scopes are the best for the money bar none.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Much better, isn't it? The nikon scopes are the best for the money bar none.
                Love it so far. Wish it had a parallax adjustment, but that was another step up and $200 more. I'm quite pleased with it. The bullet drop compensator is pretty badass too!

Comment

Working...
                X