• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What it takes to hang with stock c6 vette

I have an 07 Mustang GT
    5 speed
    JLT cai
    SCT SF3 tunner (with 93 octane race tune)
    UPR o/x pipe
    stupid American Thunder cat-back
    stock 3:55 gears

what is needed in order to hang with a c6 vette in all categories:
    handling
    top end
    1/4
    braking
    ect...

a C6.

Comment

I knew Id get a dumbass response... Im serious, im wanting to dabble in road racing and I think being able to give a c6 a run for its money would be a fun project

Comment

Originally posted by Silversky View Post
        I knew Id get a dumbass response... Im serious, im wanting to dabble in road racing and I think being able to give a c6 a run for its money would be a fun project
        That was a 100% serious response. You are going to spend a small fortune trying to make your Mustang achieve all those goals. It'd cost you half as much to just buy a Corvette.

Comment

fully ported heads, cams, 11:1 big bore stroker, all the bolt-ons, full coil-over suspension, tubular k-member, weight reduction, brembo brakes. it's not rocket science to know you'll need the best of everything. its an easy 15k or more.

Comment

so all that is needed to achieve what im asking?? that does not sound right... if im not mistaken the Kenny Brown cars can achieve amazing lap times So I was thinking I would be close with just steeda, max motorsports, roush...ect stage 3 suspension set up and simple bolt-ons...

Comment

I guess running a 12.4 in quarter mile is going to be a task... but cornering like a vette should be easier/cheaper correct??

Comment

Trade it in for a 2011 or 2012 5.0 with the brembo brakes and 3:73s. From there improve on the suspension and make it as close as possible to a leguna seca boss.

Done.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Corner carving isn't 100% about speed.

If you can brake later, and go faster around the corners you can have better lap times, of course the layout of the track will effect if you win or not, I.E tracks with long straights you'll have to drive your ass off in the turns to catch back up.

Comment

Just spend your money on learning how to road race first. All that junk doesn't do anything if you don't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post
                      Just spend your money on learning how to road race first. All that junk doesn't do anything if you don't know what to do.
                      100% agreed... getting ready to choose a school to go to...

P.S. I wanted a 5.0 but could not afford it when and if I get serious into road racing will be changing cars anyway... but I will never own a chevy, dodge...ect

Comment

100% agreed... getting ready to choose a school to go to...

P.S. I wanted a 5.0 but could not afford it when and if I get serious into road racing will be changing cars anyway... but I will never own a chevy, dodge...ect
                        Well, keep the engine in your 3v stock, dont put money into it right away.

Get some steeper gears, strip some weight and idk how much of the 2011-2012 suspension parts are swappable, but I know they're on the same play form. Once again, get close to or better parts then the leguna seca, and throw some big ass brakes on it. The leguna seca uses the same brakes as an viper ACR which is a bad bitch around the bends, and don't go cheap on tires.

Aggie97 is the guy to go to when it comes to Corner carving.

Fwiw, if you couldn't afford the new 5.0, then affording a Track car will be difficult. That's the most expensive thing you can do in a car.

Comment

Another thing to consider should be a c5 zo6.

They out corner a the 00' cobra r. Which was made for this shit.

Comment

so all that is needed to achieve what im asking?? that does not sound right... if im not mistaken the Kenny Brown cars can achieve amazing lap times So I was thinking I would be close with just steeda, max motorsports, roush...ect stage 3 suspension set up and simple bolt-ons...
                            reading > me. my bad. i was thinking c6 z06.

Comment

It'll take a full suspension car with big brakes and about 400 rw and 3300 race weight to hang... look at max motorsport or griggs racing... id think about 15k should get u where u want to be. I gave up with my fox and just bought a vette. Stangs can't really do all things well... They really are one trick pony's unless u spend more than a vette costs, and then you still have a Mustang.

Comment

Working...
                              X